Matthewsons Triumphs

trigolf

2 hours ago, trigolf said:

Nice to hear boss man Derek being very positive about a 2Ltr Mk1 Vit and a Stag. 

He looked at a Stag, some years back now, and he was quite favourable, except that he commented that he thought it should have had the Straight Six (2.5). I reckon the same. BUT the target market was the USA, and they love their V8`s of course.

Edited by PeteH

48 minutes ago, PeteH said:

He looked at a Stag, some years back now, and he was quite favourable, except that he commented that he thought it should have had the Straight Six (2.5). I reckon the same. BUT the target market was the USA, and they love their V8`s of course.

And they should have had the rover V8 already tried and tested 🙄

• 1 month later...
On 26/03/2023 at 19:26, Colin Lindsay said:

He was very positive about a Herald a while back, too. 

Have you watched the 'Restoration' series? Very true to life, they bought a Raleigh trike and lost £400 on it, and a Vanden Plas that lost them £4000. I don't think they should take it up as a business... :)

That is the TV producers - Derek and family have all commented that they will lose money! Seem to get professionals to do the work so unsurprisingly very expensive. Confess to sometimes looking at the auction lists - the TVR last month almost had me going - luckily wrong colour interior! 

On 26/03/2023 at 19:26, Colin Lindsay said:

and a Vanden Plas that lost them £4000

I recently watched a U tube of a very young woman who had bought a white 1300 one off them unseen. Her delight and excitement when she picked it up and checked out the interior etc was great to watch.

Was that maybe the same one?