Brake servo

Bobo63

Ive looked at this for a Vitesse and think I would move battery to boot so servo can go in its place.

Another possibility is to move the battery further outwards by removing its locator plates so a servo can be squeezed in between the battery and heater box.

All other options look pretty messy to me....

One of ours at East Berks installed his Vitesse servo in the boot! Worked fine, although I would have tried to get it under the bonnet. Battery in the boot is fine, another of ours put his battery in the boot so he could put his hand operated clutch mechanism in the battery compartment.

Doug

Thanks for your thought’s on this. Oddly there are a couple of brackets bolted through the bulkhead at the cylinder side doing nothing. Wonder if it had one fitted there at some time? Has a new cylinder on. Maybe they thought it was the problem, but was the servo doing it’s usual thing of leaking fluid into the vac chamber? We’ll have a look at fitting in the same location, or at he battery side as suggested. Many thanks 

firstly  shop around these servo kits are ones size fits all they are not specific to any make/model so just  a universal kit

there are different assistance ratios available 

so look at mini MG and other suppliers see who has the best price

we shortened the battery tray and fitted ours alongside the battery , mainly as any clues as to how/where were few/none 

Pete

Vit6 2009 009.jpg

The one we have got seems to be a 2.3 ratio according to the box. Looks quite neat with the battery. Have a show on Sunday, then we’ll have a proper look. The brakes are fine for me, it’s just herself that finds it less fun. Thanks for the info. 

• 5 months later...