Trim panel - original fitting clips

Colin

Hi Chaps,

Please see pics:- 

Are these trim panel clips still available (this panel is the trim panel that affixes the bagged sound-proofing to the front of the passenger footwell)?

Anyone have a part number & supplier source, please?

Thank you! 

PS, 'best' (value for money & works!) sound-proofing product to possibly replace the somewhat tired, bagged rockwool??!? Cheers! 

C.

20230919_113458.jpg

20230919_113447.jpg

Good ask, I have the same question as one of mine broke recently and don't want to use the plastic things you get these days.

Closest I could find is a clip used on TR2-3 doors which seems the same but has a chrome head and cost about £6 each!
https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/button-door-edge-trim-end-606848.html

I don't even know if they are the same size too.

Pete H . . . yes, probably difficult to get. I have one missing that should affix one side of the side rear trim panel storage hole onto the padded card. Fortunately, I think I can make one out of some very thin and tough flat wire I've acquired from somewhere . . . Don't know how successful it'll be as clearly, a fair flat length sits in the padded plastic trim. Not sure what stops the originals coming out. Probably best glue it in place.

C.

23 minutes ago, Colin said:

Pete H; Just found these which look as if they're the jobs - on Fleabay . . .(see pic)

Herald Trim Panel Clips.png

That`s the type I am looking for, good job I only need 3 or 4 though @ £1-50 EACH. (HOW. Bloody much!!  ==== Yorkshire war cry!!😁) They (should) fit through the holes behing the trim pannel, so not visible from the front.

Pete

Although just to add, thise in the pic are not those that would hold, for example, the pocket(s) that arecoriginal and exist in my 1200 trims . . . whose long leg still slots into the padded welds, but only have a bent 'v' shape to tightly snap onto the folded pocket edge - not sure my photo will show well:- I've been painting the rear unprimed card surfaces just as a modicum of anti-humidity protection.20230917_131308.thumb.jpg.4db6c1fe4943a584bb7f72d654ed85bb.jpg

Hi All!  I recently purchased a Front Drivers side Millboard Panel for my 1600/6 from "Canleys" and asked them if I could buy the Plastic push Clips as I needed them for the under Dash Millboard? and they said they don't supply them seperately as the Millboards come from the manufacterer, They asked how many I needed and gave me them FREE!  Well Chuft!!  Thank You Canley!

20 hours ago, Colin said:

Although just to add, thise in the pic are not those that would hold, for example, the pocket(s) that arecoriginal and exist in my 1200 trims . . . whose long leg still slots into the padded welds, but only have a bent 'v' shape to tightly snap onto the folded pocket edge - not sure my photo will show well:- I've been painting the rear unprimed card surfaces just as a modicum of anti-humidity protection.20230917_131308.thumb.jpg.4db6c1fe4943a584bb7f72d654ed85bb.jpg

Just had a De-ja-Vue moment. When I had the "day job" I had a s/h washing machine set up in the garage just for overall`s crawling around in Industrial Boilers could be a very filthy job, and SWMBO was not amused when I washed them in the "good" machine. 😁 If I did a "calor" vessel. I was`nt allowed in the house until I stripped off. The "stench" they put in the gas gets into everything, even your skin!. I`ve had "good" gear hung blowing on the line outside for several days before it was even fit to be washed!.

Pete

Edited by PeteH