Clutch slave bleed hose

Iain T

This was mentioned recently but for ease of search I thought I would post as a topic. 

I like most here I'm not overkeen on removing the tunnel cover to bleed the clutch fluid. It was posted to fit a hose which could be fitted into the slave nipple and the other end clipped to the bulkhead so bleeding could easily be done from the engine bay. In detail I ordered the following:-

3/8 x 24 male swivel (slave end) 

320mm hose

M10 x 1 female swivel (bleed nipple end) 

M10 x 1 bleed nipple. 

I could have ordered an imperial female but the company, Furore, didn't sell a 3/8 nipple and I couldn't be bothered to order or fit my original nipple. I haven't fitted it yet but trialed and the length looks OK. I'm going to secure the nipple end with a rubber lined P clip. It cost £30 incl post delivery 1 week. 

Hope this helps someone

Iain 

IMG_20231021_114309.jpg

IMG_20231021_114320.jpg

IMG_20231021_114326.jpg

Edited by Iain T
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ideas been around for a while: https://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/72-remote-clutch-bleeder/#comment-787

I was inspired by the Renault UN1 trans axle, where the slave is at the bottom!  But comes with a bleed extension to the top - much more convenient!

image.png.4b29fa467560bc3956c49f8d6ef0f4c2.png

Shows bleed hose attached.

Edited by JohnD

I opted for a fixed copper pipe from the slave  and attached to the side panel in the engine bay.  Worked a treat however it was a pain when changing the slave . Re fixing 2 fixed pipes was difficult in such a small area and would have been much easier with 1 flexi . On my todo list to upgrade to a flexi system 

Paul 

Edited by Paul H

42 minutes ago, ludwig113 said:

recently bought a braided clutch line for my GT6, i'm going to buy another and use it as a bleed line as it's basically the same length line just with a bleed nipple.

I may be wrong but I think both ends are male so you'll need a female-female adaptor fir the nipple. 

Iain 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Iain T said:

I may be wrong but I think both ends are male so you'll need a female-female adaptor fir the nipple. 

Iain 

yes you're right but they are only a couple of quid each, the main thing is the line is the correct(or slightly longer) length.

paul

17 hours ago, ludwig113 said:

i recently bought a braided clutch line for my GT6, i'm going to buy another and use it as a bleed line as it's basically the same length line just with a bleed nipple.

The slave is easy to access from under the bonnet for bleeding on the GT6 - think it's more challenging on the Herald-based cars.

Gully 

• Like 1

herald is easy  its underneath N/S so is Spitty .

its the 6 pot on Vitesse that needs the tunnel out to access the nipple unless your double jointed and have a wonky spanner 

to fit a remote bleed tube will need the tunnel out  you wont get any access to remove the bleed and fit a remote tube  

maybe   "beam me up scotty would work  "  but im not a treker  ha !

john it does seem there is more room to twiddle this on  a GT6 whether you could get in to fit a remote bleed is something

we need to know   .....who has the answer ?????

if there is one at the pub meet tonight i will have a look see why there is a difference 

Pete

Edited by Pete Lewis

13 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

john it does seem there is more room to twiddle this on  a GT6 whether you could get in to fit a remote bleed is something

we need to know   .....who has the answer ?????

if there is one at the pub meet tonight i will have a look see why there is a difference 

Pete

Yes, you can get in to fit a remote bleed on the GT6 (Mk 3) without removing the tunnel. There's room to get a spanner onto the bleed nipple with no problem. However, you do need the tunnel out to change the slave.

Gully