Antipodean 2000.

Hello from Melbourne!

I’m Stuart, and this is my 1970 Triumph 2000. I bought this car from a wreckers when I was 16. It was my first car, and I’m 50 now, so I guess it is here for the long haul!

It has had a few iterations along the way, but it’s now about where I’d like it to be. It runs a 2500 motor with triple 1.5” SU’s, on a custom inlet manifold designed and built by my late father, he also made the exhaust from top to bottom. It’s a 2” straight through with Lukey muffler. Sounds just lovely. A bit rowdy though. Bigger inlet valves and lots of porting on both sides. Wade 140 cam (about 40/80 as far as timing goes, very lopey, a “bert bert” idle. 11.5:1 compression. Electronic distributor. Goodparts roller rockers. Light flywheel. A type O/D box, 3.45 diff. Still has Triumph half shafts. Cross drilled ventilated Mitsubishi front discs, Corvette calipers. All home grown stuff. Lots of other bits and bobs. I’ll put a few pictures up. 

Most pleasingly, my son is in love with it. When was the last time you heard a cammed up six?

IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

PXL_20231202_051307290.jpeg

• Like 5

No it’s for number one son is a very well established GoKart driver here in Aus, drives for one of the prime Kart manufacturers team.

Stu’s dad had a brake repair business a great guy very practical did a great job never wasted your money and I believe at one time he did the brakes for one of the major V8 Supercars (Commodores and Falcons) here in Aus the cars that race at Mt Panorama.

Thats why Stu’s car has such fantastic brakes.  His dad made the triple SU inlet manifold and it’s a work of art!

There’s petrol running thro the family veins!

Edited by Peter Truman
  • Like 2

See below, you would think it would be harsh but it isn`t, It`s smooth and driveable, even in traffic.

S

DriveTorque Stage 3 Paddle Clutch Kits are designed for Fast Road, Track & Competition Use. Gone are the days when drivers needed to be concerned about paddle clutches being less driveable - these Drivetorque paddle clutch kits feel almost as driveable as a standard clutch, simply needing increased Revs in 1st Gear and Reverse. They are for those drivers who demand the ultimate in clutch performance & reliability, and the fastest possible track times. They are also recommended for any remapped Diesel engine due to the massive increases in torque achieved when remapping a diesel.
DriveTorque Stage 3 Paddle Clutch Kits use only the highest grade clutch components. The ceramic disc features high friction pads that are resistant to slippage and ensure a long life for your clutch. The heavy duty sprung centre unit boasts heat treated springs and retainer rivets for the maximum power and durability. The pressure plates feature a special single diaphragm design to increase clamp load. Pressure plates are made from induction hardened diaphragms & CNC machined castings, and are load tested on purpose built testing machines before being assembled.