Payen head gasket problems

Pete Lewis

1 hour ago, dannyb said:

This is worrying,  I'm waiting for full set of gaskets and seals for my newly rebuilt spit 1500. Ordered from Rimmers a couple of weeks ago. It's held up waiting for the Payen gaskets to arrive. I'm now thinking I should have gone for the cheaper option.

Danny

Also dont think Spittys got recessed blocks did they?

Pete, and DannyB,

The responsibility for unsatisfactory goods, as far as the ordinary buyer  goes,  lies with the supplier, not the manufacturer.    So my suggestion of telling Payen's new owners was misplaced.

Take it up with Rimmer's!

John

PS I have a couple of Payens in stock that will be the original type, but I'm sorry, I'm hanging onto them!

Edited by JohnD

Wonder if these issues extend to the non-recessed gaskets too? I've a Payen in stock for mine which I bought a few years ago (can't recall if pre or post 2020) - not needed to use it yet...

Gully

Reading this topic, reminded me I had seen a Payen folder in the garage, sadly all it contains is a variety of seals and gasgets for a VIttese. I had obviously used the head gasget and Inlet/exhaust when I did a head job back in the 80`s.

image.jpeg.5d4ac60b4724a447eb6f5bf7d4a7ad08.jpegimage.jpeg.3d3330339b9cf679489a7510d6c1ed37.jpegimage.jpeg.040551e8475de3119a8d795210a56536.jpeg

Pete

• Like 1

Alan reports the car is better quicker than its ever been . we still have to swap back the accuspark unit the only hic up was the old lucas dizzy we fitted

(just to eliminate the misfiring ) without checking it out did get a points problem as the gap had closed up  but she is running and he is now frightened how quick it has become  

so all ends well with a bit of twiddling to the ultra weak carb mixtures has transformed his sluggish to to road rocket 

pete

• Like 3

its still running well if you have a gasket which has a very small/narrow fire ring on the head side   when you have a recessed block its best to dump it .

it must be like the one on the left 

how this stacks up with a non recessed block is another story waiting  ??

Pete

HEAD GASKET.jpg