Garage dust cover for a Herald

jagnut66

Hi, 

Nice simple topic this one, as the title suggests I'm looking for a garage dust cover for my Herald. It doesn't need to be waterproof as such, as my main concern is to keep the paintwork etc. free of muddy paw prints etc. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? I mostly want it to fit well, so second-hand will be fine. With that in mind I shall look on the likes of eBay and if I spot something I'll post up a link on here.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Could be worth a look at EveryCarCovered (everycarcovered.com). I've had a couple from them (but not Herald in particular) and found them most satisfactory at very reasonable prices.

6 minutes ago, chrishawley said:

Could be worth a look at EveryCarCovered (everycarcovered.com).

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look, long term I'll need one for the Minor as well.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Aldi? Or was it Lidle? where knocking them out cheap (tenner-ish) a while back. I had one on Plum, outside too. Wasn`t exactly the best quality or strongest but in the garage, it was light, easy to put on and would be more than adequate?.

Pete

Cheap covers can scratch the paint work. Buy a good quality one. Bought mine from the club shop. Good quality and lovely soft fleece inside. Put it on my herald every time I put her away in the garage and not one scratch 

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Cheap covers can scratch the paint work. Buy a good quality one. Bought mine from the club shop. Good quality and lovely soft fleece inside. Put it on my herald every time I put her away in the garage and not one scratch 

Couple of old reject, double bed sheets? Use them all the time for Dust covers, back when I did do DIY decorating. Washable too!.

Pete

26 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Couple of old reject, double bed sheets? Use them all the time for Dust covers, back when I did do DIY decorating. Washable too!.

Pete

That's what I use.

Danny

LIDL have outdoor covers that are woeful outdoors - water just runs through - but they're good for indoors, shaped and with tie-straps. I bought three for about £11 each. I think medium size fits Heralds.

• Like 2