I godda do a valuation!

I've been asked to do a valuation on a members car, I've done quite a few since initial training by 948 at SEM several years ago. However I haven't done one in a while and the form and the procedure seems to have changed.

The member involved has received a form from Peter James which says once completed return it to Nigel Hill (address supplied) This is NOT the form in the documents section dated 02/24.

The 02/24 form does not say where to send it. Previously I would have done the valuation, signed the form and told the owner to send it and a cheque to HQ where my signature would be verified and then sent on to the insurer (now exclusively Peter James).

Can I have some clarification? Have I missed some new procedural document? Which is the correct form?

Confused of Twyford

Doug

if you dont tell the guys doing the valutions what do you  expect 

communication is simple  but its not used   

time to leave and find a new AO for herts and beds i dont need silly phone calls 

about me not attending agms or any other  i have  run the club flag for some years  

the agm was days   ago   so whats  the problem with basic communication

its not my job to keep guys  updated 

we do many valuations   or free  and you have not bothered to keep us informed by the simple 

means available to members 

quite simply ive had enough  

Pete

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've just been PM'd that I valued a Spitfire in March this year using the 02/24 form. So much for memory! :) 

But the question remains, why are PJ sending out an alternate form? 

And, who has been upsetting Uncle Pete on the phone?

Doug

there is no mention that the form or how too has been revised in the 2024  AGM notes 

so how are those AO's who cannot attend HQ  AGMs  get to understand there is a significant change 

not just the paperwork but the where to send it  is pretty obvious this should be some form of communication

sorry im fed up with the unprofessional  approach  and being heavily criticsied  for not being at the AGM is 

just unforgiveable in my book  

communication these days  is so easy  .   but not used 

Pete

Seems a little strange PJ sending out their own valuation form.  Is it something new because I have never received one from them in all the 18 years my GT6 has been back on the road and only ever insured with them (FJ/PJ)?

Think Pete needs to put his feet up with a glass of rum 😉

Dick

• Like 1

Thanks Dick  hic   

how many others have found the change without being   pre informed  ?????

just a new form  out the blue .       plan   what plan ..      

I get good fun propping up problems when a can but its all getting tiresome now 

Pete

Chris Gunby - I too have been told that Peter James are sending out their own valuation forms at renewal.  I have not seen one but I think member told me that this is for one year only.  Not a TSSC backed form.

Pete and others - the procedure I have been using for a while and certainly since before Bern left - I do the valuation in person, taking pics which I keep on file. Completed and signed form is then sent to Lisa at HQ and from there the form is given valuation number and expiry date before being sent to Peter James or relevant insurer.  The £20 cost is either paid to me in cash which is then transferred to Club account quoting member's membership number / valuation.  It works fine.

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Thanks Dick  hic   

Pete

New form produced after Bern left - much clearer layout.  Many Club forms have been revamped.  Easy to check you are using the latest - just go to the website - oh yes - you are already on it - silly me.  Must be the Gin.  Keep batting Pete!

6 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I've been asked to do a valuation on a members car, I've done quite a few since initial training by 948 at SEM several years ago. However I haven't done one in a while and the form and the procedure seems to have changed.

The member involved has received a form from Peter James which says once completed return it to Nigel Hill (address supplied) This is NOT the form in the documents section dated 02/24.

The 02/24 form does not say where to send it. Previously I would have done the valuation, signed the form and told the owner to send it and a cheque to HQ where my signature would be verified and then sent on to the insurer (now exclusively Peter James).

Can I have some clarification? Have I missed some new procedural document? Which is the correct form?

Confused of Twyford

Doug

Hi Doug, The forms have been updated in the last year but not changed a lot, the 02/24 form on the website has send to Nigel Hill at the top,bit of the form after the first paragraph.

Peter James have always sent out their own forms just fill them in as normal 👍

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Thanks Dick  hic   

Pete

Pete the forms have been updated since Bernard left they are not massively changed, now Bern does not work at hq Nigel Hill does all the sent in valuations and the usual Com and A/os still do face to face valuations.

Nothing has radically changed 

i would have thought it was simple to inform the AOs that the form was now updated and you need to download

the latest forms as the return of such has changed 

not everyone  me included  visits the web site to check something we have been doing for free for years

is up to date     a bulk AO e mail would do nicely on things like this   its just basic communication

Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

i would have thought it was simple to inform the AOs that the form was now updated and you need to download

the latest forms as the return of such has changed 

not everyone  me included  visits the web site to check something we have been doing for free for years

is up to date     a bulk AO e mail would do nicely on things like this   its just basic communication

Pete

It doesn’t matter if you send old forms to hq they will find their way to Nigel as we don’t want to waste the old forms and the paper they are printed on 

its the change from send to HQ to NH that we   were un aware of  with the addition send to Courier 

paper saving is  good idea, the old idea of send to HQ just worked   

so now we can send to HQ ....Nigel  or the Courier    

Pete

I am now confused, are the AOs doing or meant to do valuations, seem to me from the form and what Chris has just said that forms sent to HQ go to Nigel and forms sent to Nigel go to Nigel. So Nigel has taken over Bernie's valuation role?

Has this been communicated via the forum or the courier to the members or even AOs? If not it would be have been nice. Article in next month's courier I think.

Also who has been upsetting Uncle Pete, shame on you!  We do not need to lose people like him who live and breath this club!

Also is it wise to have Nigel's address on the forum. Firstly it will need updating if he moves (the club will need to join the dots here), secondly I now know were to go if he gives me a poor valuation. 😊😊😊😊.

Graham

6 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

its the change from send to HQ to NH that we   were un aware of  with the addition send to Courier 

paper saving is  good idea, the old idea of send to HQ just worked   

so now we can send to HQ ....Nigel  or the Courier    

Pete

Send to hq worked as that is where Bern worked now he doesn’t send them to Nigel’s address on the updated form.

If people send old forms to hq they will still be fine until we run out of them 👍

1 minute ago, Graham C said:

I am now confused, are the AOs doing or meant to do valuations, seem to me from the form and what Chris has just said that forms sent to HQ go to Nigel and forms sent to Nigel go to Nigel. So Nigel has taken over Bernie's valuation role?

Has this been communicated via the forum or the courier to the members or even AOs? If not it would be have been nice. Article in next month's courier I think.

Also who has been upsetting Uncle Pete, shame on you!  We do not need to lose people like him who live and breath this club!

Also is it wise to have Nigel's address on the forum. Firstly it will need updating if he moves (the club will need to join the dots here), secondly I now know were to go if he gives me a poor valuation. 😊😊😊😊.

Graham

No confusion, Nigel has taken over from Bern after a brief stint from Jane.

nothing needs updating as the service is still the same

2 minutes ago, Graham C said:

Cooor, Nigel's a busy boy - AO, CoM's, event organiser and now valuations.

Is there no job in the TSSC he does not do? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Graham

That’s the problem Graham all of Com work so hard along with the Area organisers we just don’t have enough people volunteering anymore !

Thanks Chris, how did I not see that?!! I'm beginning to think there should be an AO age limit.

"Please download and save this document. Complete, Sign and Date at the bottom of side 2, and then email to valuations@tssc.org.uk ALONG WITH a minimum of 4 photographs of the car showing - Front 3/4, Rear 3/4, Engine Bay, Interior. You can also post this form along with photo evidence - dated on the reverse (e.g. Chassis, Engine Bay, Suspension, Interior etc.) to TSSC Valuations, c/o Nigel Hill, 32 Holly Hill Road, Selston, Notts, NG16 6EF."

Except, 4 photographs?  Photographs were only ever involve if the punter did it off their own bat. I've never sent photos nor have any owners of the cars I've valued.

Doug

2 hours ago, Sue Franklin said:

Completed and signed form is then sent to Lisa at HQ

Sue  thats all i ever did  so now we  have 3 options  ..nigel,   HQ,   Courier 

how is the form distribution and payments made/tied up 

is Nigel ok to take  card payments     FCA and all that 

Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

Sue  thats all i ever did  so now we  have 3 options  ..nigel,   HQ,   Courier 

how is the form distribution and payments made/tied up 

is Nigel ok to take  card payments     FCA and all that 

Pete

Card payments need to be to hq please as before 

21 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Thanks Chris, how did I not see that?!! I'm beginning to think there should be an AO age limit.

"Please download and save this document. Complete, Sign and Date at the bottom of side 2, and then email to valuations@tssc.org.uk ALONG WITH a minimum of 4 photographs of the car showing - Front 3/4, Rear 3/4, Engine Bay, Interior. You can also post this form along with photo evidence - dated on the reverse (e.g. Chassis, Engine Bay, Suspension, Interior etc.) to TSSC Valuations, c/o Nigel Hill, 32 Holly Hill Road, Selston, Notts, NG16 6EF."

Except, 4 photographs?  Photographs were only ever involve if the punter did it off their own bat. I've never sent photos nor have any owners of the cars I've valued.

Doug

Photos are only used if members send them to Nigel, Area organisers do a face to face valuation to so no need for photographs