Our club

Triumph948

I remember getting my tesco credit card. Somebody had tried using its number, in Canada, before it even arrived, and when I first tried using it in screwfix it was declined. A phonecall sorted a replacement, but I always amazed that people trying random numbers manage to attempt purchase. Still, at least it gets spotted. But yours was continuous authority? Which is a loathsome practice if you ask me.

Anyway, time to do some work, that apparently i am not qualified for so shouldn't do it, but the bloke who has the bit of paper doesn't have understand how to do it, but will check and sign it off when finished. Great!

A lot of teenagers seem to be drifting (like this thread...) away from Facebook. In our youth group for 13 to 18 year olds we held a poll recently and all used Instagram, but none Facebook - that was for 'their parents'!

Gully

Pardon? I am a retired computer network engineer, I have no idea what you have just said. :wacko:

basically is is a way of mining (looking for) data using tags (labels) that describe what it is and the subject-area to which it relates (ontologies) making use of a bunch of algorithms as along the way.

Software tools can use this method to find and present the info in a sensible way - you don't have to give two shake about where it was found.

hope that helps..... Andy

Sorry for the slow response been on the Tssc five point tour all weekend enjoying the cars

PLEASE can all Forum users be aware that Com do look and listen what goes on the Tssc Forum and will respond asap where necessary.

As a club our official communication with fully paid up members will always be the Courier magazine as we still have lots of the membership without computers and tablets etc.

I am on here most days and will try to answer what i can but somethings need to go back to Com for a decision

( we all have proper jobs as well ).

In a world of choice communication is now so easy with Facebook ,Instagram, the Forum etc etc every one of these will have its lovers and haters ,as a Com we are trying to embrace all of them, the Tssc is about getting Triumph out to the wider world.

The club shop is still open and doing well being run by the Hq staff ,Bernard has been answering technical questions every day for the last 30 plus years also we have fantastic register secretaries and of course all of you the membership so i don't think we will struggle for answers to our car troubles just ask, someone will know the answer.

Moving forward both Hq staff and Com are looking at what works for the shop and what doesn't we would love to hear what you think would be positive moves forward for the club shop but please remember we are not out to take on the Triumph traders what they all do for our cars is priceless ,if we lose them we lose our cars as no spares means no repairs.

Hope this answers some of the questions above in the feed ,things need to change we cannot sustain the same outgoings we had when we had 15,000 members,

Please be assured that the Council of management are looking after the club for the future not just for today.

Thanks Chris 

Tssc chairman for and on behalf of the council of management 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The nature of threads ona message board and Facebook are quite differrent, purposely, I think.

On an MSB, threads are linear, altghough they may spark a second thread.

On Fb, they can diverge at any point, causing a branched, difficult to follow argument, that can and does drift off in different directions.

Each to their own, and to their purpose.     I find discussing a problem far easier on the first.

JIOhn

I agree, however those under 30 seem to depend on FB for everything.

Eldest daughter, with her fresh first in geography, started as an intern today. A restaurant booking company, aiming to grow rapidly. Me, I phone to book a table.. but youngsters want everything now and it seems without human contact. Mostly, otherwise our species is doomed.

I agree, however those under 30 seem to depend on FB for everything.

Eldest daughter, with her fresh first in geography, started as an intern today. A restaurant booking company, aiming to grow rapidly. Me, I phone to book a table.. but youngsters want everything now and it seems without human contact. Mostly, otherwise our species is doomed.

Well to be sure, the rapid rise in mental health issues in young people is being put firmly at the rise of virtual relationships and interactions in under 30's.

My granddaughter was of the opinion that she was hugely popular unlike her 'loser' grandparents as she had 850 Facebook friends, while we had only 30. It went completely over her head when I asked her how many of these 850 had she actually met face to face - but they're all my friends!. The other problem with social media is the 'echo chamber' effect, where everyone tries to impress each other. Everyone on Facebook has a more perfect life than you.

948, I have phoned HQ several times over the intervening weeks. The shop has some of my exhaust on the shelves but appear to have taken the decision not to re-order when out of stock and have had to place an order with Bells. Presumably no re-ordering of stock is space saving measure and will become the way of all things in the club shop. 

Unusually the day I placed my order, the shop received two other exhaust orders. So three TSSC orders to Bells, I don't know how many people work there (I suspect one!  :lol:) but this seems to have caused them a bottle neck.

Now into the 5th week of waiting and no clear indication of delivery. Angie, who now runs the shop,  hopes it's this week, so do I.

3/ Pay Rimmers £50 more for in-stock items.  :angry:

Yes I've seen Bells web site, I'm told they don't take private orders. Don't know if there's any truth in that. Whatever, It would be the same exhaust and I would still have to wait for Bells to finish it. So all 1/ & 2/ do is spite the club shop, which I don't intend to do.  :unsure:

Glad you spoke to Hq ,holding stock is an issue so we try to order from bells who then do the sitting on stock.

They are normally really good at quick delivery.

All of the staff now help out in the shop so that's four people not one ,and are usually able to turn orders around the same day.

Sorry for the delay

Chris

Glad you spoke to Hq ,holding stock is an issue so we try to order from bells who then do the sitting on stock.

They are normally really good at quick delivery.

All of the staff now help out in the shop so that's four people not one ,and are usually able to turn orders around the same day.

Sorry for the delay

Chris