Restoration Unobtainium.... hens teeth parts list

in the light of the 3D printing parts idea post  and young Louis success in the trial manufacture of a small part for GT6 Spitfire door release mechanism we feel its now needs a list of smallish parts that 

are no longer obtainable 

so any bright spark ideas please post them on here for  our perusal

who knows where this will end up but  you never know 

watch out Dragons den .

Pete

This is a brilliant idea. Well done to all concerned. I beleive that many of the parts plus a scale minuature were 3D printed for the destruction of the Aston Martin DB5 in the James Bond film Skyfall. This could be the start if full 3D replication of complete cars... for a price,

glad to see we have thread drift and nothing sensible as normal  

if anyone suggests a lh floggle toggle they get a smack

Pete

Hello Pete

I would like a giggling pin to fit the laughing shaft(they are not handed so left or right hand would do!)

Roger

OK Pete i will start off  - these you just cant get as they are plastic anyway and all the originals are degraded - I have had to stick mine together with a wooden strengthening ring

ROOF LAMP ASSEMBLY GT6 INTERIOR LIGHT COVER PN 625616

Might be a b*** to do though

Aidan

I don't no so that could be a problem I wonder if some one else doing an internal refit can help.There is also the issue that apparently they are very difficult to put back together again They are made of three items the base then a ring and on top of that the clear plastic lens

Maybe this is not a good item to try. Let me have a think

Aidan

Louis says he could possibly work from good quality pictures plus measurements. The ideal would be to have pictures with a digital calliper showing dimensions such as the overall length, width and height plus the width and height of the bezel. He could work out the parabolas of the shape from these apparently. Can't tidy his bedroom though.

I would like new ratchet levers for late GT6 rear adjusting drum brakes. They are metal, get bent and once bent don't work. they are impossible to bend back into shape. Currently I have to take off the wheel and drum to tighten up the brakes, a real  pain every couple of 100 miles! I wonder if a modern 3D composite would do the job? There's not a great deal of force involved in the system and I suspect a modern composite would keep it's shape. The problem is the metal ones are ALL bent so where would we get the masters to copy?

• 1 year later...