D-Type OD. Running out of ideas

ShaunW

Clutch withdrawl arm 132080 vitesse and gt6

The clip does very little when its assmbled with the static pressure from the slave ,  so it just holds the arm on the pivot post while its off the car,  ie more use on a production line than any use on the car, untill you remove the slave but its easy to relocate it

You cant remove the arm with box on car it wont fit through the opening.

If you dont find a SH one dont worry overly about it , its not split which can happen to the spherical indent

but do just undo the small nuts and just pull the od off to check the cam, five minutes and you will know

Leave the forward adaptor hsg  bolted to the box,  the od may need a little pry to break the joint.

Pete

Ha ha now thats a extreme cock up   cam is held on with a wire circlip  all missing 

Now do I get a brownie point ,

a camless OD.... thats quite novel in the rouges gallery

There should be a sprung flat circlip fitted into a groove in the splines  guess that's also done a runner

So I think you have located the base problem....trouble is what else has been ommitted ????

Pete

I had the same on a gearbox. It was a recon box, and I reckon it came without the cam, and the PO just popped the OD on and it just never worked, so may be more common than you think! Or was. Who knows, but at least it is an easy fix. Once a cam is located!

You need 513216 cam    137308circlip  wkn304 woodruff key

If you dont rotate the  coupling the od should pop on fairly easy,  set the cam to its lowest point so the roller runs up onto the cam

If it jibs at dropping get two big screwdrivers and engage under the two plates you can see , gently lever them to open the cone clutch and

Everthing rotates and aligns , keep, fingers out , far easier than poking around down the shaft bore to align the hubs with a long thin screwdriver and torch.

Now you can  run a test on the lathe and see if oil spurts out the top valve

Pete

A brownie point? I think you get the whole damn brownie!

Part numbers too. You spoil me. All ordered and should be here soon.  Fingers crossed it wasn't omitted for a reason. 

I simply don't know what I'd do without the internet, you lot and MrsW's bank card. 

Edit  : I've just been reminded that brownie isn't the cake it's the girl guide. So that just sounded a bit weird. :wacko:

i was never a GG or a boy scout,  I did   get a certificate in Bee keeping ,  C &G full tech certificate and 42 yrs in truck manufacturing quailty  audit  and warranty problems solving

dont tell Doug !!!

its normally omitted in the haste to rebuild the gearbox,  , as clive says recons come without it. so the odd serial number might steer the reasoning in that  direction.

ive come across a good few gearboxes rebuilt with £££s spent and ignored the obvious to end up a disaster often cured for peanuts ...

glad we can help,   next time do the easy first , i said cam  7 posts in     Ha !!

can we all use Mrs W bank card  sounds a good call   lucky   you 

Pete

its all in the mind  ,  it was triangles not cymbals , ( thank god it was never them blo**y recorders) the only teeth ive worked on were  on gear cutting or either  shaping. hobing or , lapping in my apprentice piecework days,    later on  examining for failure analysis and audits for  plant performance figures .  

trust me i know nufing

Pete

1 hour ago, ShaunW said:

I can't seem to find a part# for the gasket between the bell housing and the engine? Is there one because the gbox I got back from the gargage doesn't show any signs of there being one.

There's not one shown in the GT6 parts book that I can see and can't think why there would be one as you're not in need of a fluid seal here.

Gully 

There is no gasket bell hsg to engine back plate, its metal to metal  and nothing to leak so no joint is needed 

, there is a gasket bell hsg to gearbox case or gear oil will leak out

I use a loctite 574 for all joints which need sealing , its the best stuff , we tested it for some  time on production , it works

On  hard face joints and doesnt need a gasket

Pete

yes   D types have chamfer   its  not found on J types.

you cant remove the pump spring as the pump body is held in place by a grub screw inserted through the mating halves face , ie inaccessible until you strip the unit down

just care aligning the lesser ramp to ge tthe roller to pop over ,   and if it all comes to a stop an inch away from fitting lift/pry  the two steel bars to open the clutch

and it will drop on  clunk!!

Any special gasket type and sealant for the gbox/OD union? 

I usually make my own from various gasket papers rather than get stung paying £1 for a gasket and £5 on the postage. The one that was in there was quite thick which seemed odd for a high pressure situation. 

The round gasket between adaptor case and main body can be a thicker than normal simple paper one

Most are now just paper

I said earlier I recomend loctite 574 for any faced joints wherever they are  used extensively on out gearbox production and worked better than any others trialed.

Ther is no pressure inside the box or OD only splash, the pressuremis contained within the valves and pump

Pete