Soppy moment

ShaunW

Guys this isn't about cars but I wanted to share it with you. 

MrsW's had an operation on Monday and a second one today to fix bleeding caused by the first. I really thought I was going to lose her.

It's been a very long day and I'm probably only saying this because I'm tired and emotional but.... Put down the spanners for a minute and go and give whoever it is that makes your dinner and washes your vest and pants a little squeeze while you can. Unless it's your butler then that would be just strange. Joking aside you know what I mean. 

OK stiff upper lip, nuf of all that. As you were fellas.  

• Like 3

Thanks everyone. Very kind. Things are going  slowly but in the right direction. The setbacks are the worst thing and we could do with some news. Nurses are the usual combination of angels and dragons but it would be heck of a lot worse in most other countries. Small mercies eh. 

I realise you don't know us from Adam and visa versa too I suppose. But I'll be frank and say I'm a bit of a loner and that suits me 99.9% of the time. But it's been a great help telling someone/anyone when I get home to an empty house at the end of another very long day. 

You're all very kind and I hope I haven't brought the generally cheerful mood down too much. 

• Like 1

All the best Shaun totally agree, I know where you are coming from, my Dad has weeks if we are lucky. I don't know what I'd do if Mrs Q wasn't around to soak up the emotions! Although if I gave her a squeeze she might get the wrong idea and anticipate I'd done something wrong!!

Adrian

20 minutes ago, Adrian said:

All the best Shaun totally agree, I know where you are coming from, my Dad has weeks if we are lucky. I don't know what I'd do if Mrs Q wasn't around to soak up the emotions! Although if I gave her a squeeze she might get the wrong idea and anticipate I'd done something wrong!!

Adrian

There speaks a man who's don't plenty of appologising. I lost my dad a couple of years ago but he'd been ill for so long it was a classic case of being a happy release. You'll go through the full range of emotions ...but that's a healthy thing to do. 

Nearly lost mine  my partner, three times so far.  All the same partner!

If there's anyone here who does need it, grief is a complex process, and the good old NHS is up to helping: https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/bereavement/Pages/coping-with-bereavement.aspx   And if the end is inevitable, but not here yet, it has lots of ways of helping too.    There is a CancerCare, McMillan or other palliative care support organisation in most centres.  Ask forr it, or Google, but go and see them.

JOhn

• Like 1