Classics on the Common Harpenden?

Paula

to get in you must pre book and entries are closed now.

http://www.classicsonthecommon.com/

before they organised Loo's it was pretty horrendous, 

lots of interesting cars .

i gave up a couple of years back due to long queues and lack of facilities   but its improved since round table got involved   so has the price 

£12 to sit in a field with other cars and little else ,  the pubs are completely overrun

pencil in Duxford sept 9th we make good tea and buns lots to see for same money 

pete

If you need a run in the sun  ,Not far from Harpenden,  its our besf car award tonight at the Raven  Hexton 

For Classic on the Common      be early expect some traffic delays ,    smile and see if they let you in 

Its been pre  registration/  pass only for a few years as  numbers got out of control

Pete

The chap who established Classics on the Common decided a few years ago it had become too large and stepped down, then establishing Classics in the Walled Garden at Luton Hoo, which is a great evening. Sadly, this clashed with something else I had planned this year so I missed out, but that evening has a lovely atmosphere and no traffic issues!

Gully

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gully said:

The chap who established Classics on the Common decided a few years ago it had become too large and stepped down, then establishing Classics in the Walled Garden at Luton Hoo, which is a great evening. Sadly, this clashed with something else I had planned this year so I missed out, but that evening has a lovely atmosphere and no traffic issues!

Gully

He was the landlord of a lovely little pub called The Carpenters Arms i believe

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

Paula, sorry hot weather  gaff  pickled the senior moment syndrome  ,      you have a pass its your reg number

Have  a good evening 

Pete

I do!
But i hear even with that it's tricky to get in!

14 hours ago, Gully said:

Gully

Oooo it's posh there!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paula said:

He was the landlord of a lovely little pub called The Carpenters Arms i believe

I had a pint in there a few weeks ago following our youth group's meeting at the Harpenden Trust halls in Southdown. ?

Gully

Well it was brilliant.

Really well organised. Lots of marshals and signs. loads of interesting cars and bikes too.

The pubs were well prepared and had outdoor bars and BBQ and you could get a shandy straight away.

Definitely recommended.

The only downside was the heat. Next time i'll bring a table and umbrella! very little shade.

IMG_1472.jpg