Poly Bushes

I’m in the process of stripping down my 1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 and it looks like I will need to replace all the bushes on the car.

I ‘am thinking I will replace them with polyurethane bushes but was surprised at the cost which would be about £360.00 for a complete set from the club shop.

Moss have a complete set of Superpro polyurethane bushes for £253.04 and Rimmer Bros have a complete kit for £219.00

I would like to buy from the club shop but with a potential saving of £140.00 if I buy from Rimmer Bros it looks likely that it may well be Rimmer Bros.

What are your thoughts from the three providers I have listed, and are there any other options?

There are also varying degrees of hardness, fast road, competitions etc. I won’t be doing any competition but what exactly is fast road?

I’m looking for a comfortable ride but would like to tune up the engine when I strip it down so should I fit bushes that are suitable for fast road use or just the standard poly bushes?

Thanks

What brand are Rimmers offerings? Superflex are probably the best.

Some people don't like the firmer bushes. but in some places you want good control, so harder works well. Thinking front wishbone bushes and steering rack mounts in particular. And I would not use poly tunnion bushes, they need to be nylon/hard plastic as OEM.

My car is fairly hardcore, but I still use the std Koni shock bushes, and have no complaints about those. In fact if I could find original quality rubber bushes, I would. I had to use poly as modern rubber bushes are very poor.

BTW superflex only offer 1 hardness. 

Not sure about now, but at one time Rimmers bushes were PolyBush brand. (Which are not bad at all) On Land Rover's I've had the standard red polybush were pretty good for ride (if "good ride" and "Land Rover" aren't a contradiction in terms)

My preference is Superflex or SuperPro, I won't touch anything unbranded or "FloFlex" or any of the eBay specials.

We've bought sets from Paddocks in the past which are mixtures of Superflex and Superpro. Actually I'd be happier to use new ordinary rubber ones if they were OE quality and not made of some fake "rubber" that appears to be based on dog poop which dries up and blows away in the wind after a year or two.

Nick