Herald 13/60 history

Steven Adams

Well the Engine number is not original , 

Its the low quality answers from  seller that I was concerned at  no  documents no plates 

I have done a few V5  requests but you just too  far away

Ask club for a    V5  pack

Find Your local area  AO Ses if he czn help.

The first reg date will be the main dvla  problem  I wonder where that came from

Just a passing thought for discussion. Could this car have been registered on a personal number plate which could account for the late registration date, and that the plate has been retained or sold on. Could this accoint for a break in the paper chain which is causing the dvla problems?

I have no idea but a good thought. 

All I know is that when acquiring the car it looked untouched for a very long time. 

Also as  said don't know the reason for all the dates:ie dvla date on the reg 1965. First reg date Jan 1983.

Do you think getting a heritage certificate will be of benefit at this moment. 

I know it was barned in 1995.

34 minutes ago, Steven Adams said:

Hi Colin that's the number stamped on the block on the horizontal face. 

Check again for me, Steven - it should start with letters, GA or GE and end with letters, usually HE - or are you just quoting the numbers and leaving off the letters? If so, apologies! 

DSCF6917.jpg.5c013c79e504d64e7eb27dc8c7a1a698.jpg

I have no idea but a good thought. 

All I know is that when acquiring the car it looked untouched for a very long time. 

Also as  said don't know the reason for all the dates:ie dvla date on the reg 1965. First reg date Jan 1983.

Do you think getting a heritage certificate will be of benefit at this moment. 

I know it was barned in 1995.

Aha! That's been reconditioned and overstamped - you were right, but now I understand why.

If you look closely, you can just make out a 'G' to the extreme left, and to the right of the '5' is possibly a '9'? You may still be able to make out the number underneath; the stamped letters that I can see are smaller than that clear number.

A Heritage Certificate from BMHIT would tell you the original engine number.

It's not inconceivable that it is the original number underneath.

The block was probably skimmed when it was reconditioned and the new number stamped on by the reconditioner

Incidentally have you found the body number? A long metal strip below the commission plate; it will give you another reference number to check or confirm identity.

(It will end in EAT or the like) This one is from a Spitfire, just as an example. Sometimes owners place them in non-standard positions, but usually on one side of the bulkhead or the other.

spit.JPG.ecbb3c8d77dfb81d35c48149870e8400.JPG

A heritage certificate will take you back to its off line and  first reg history  so its  very important you proceed to get one.

And mot history didnt start online till around 2003

The heritage   cert may give   a very different reg number than you  have been given 

Pete

• 2 weeks later...