SUMMER LOVIN' (had me a blast)

Badwolf

There has been quite a bit of chat on the forum about music, car radios and stuff like that. I though that it might be fun, as summer days fade and the nights draw in, to list your favourite 10 summer tunes from any era. The sort of tunes that bring back memories of 'that long hot summer', drivin' with the top down, or the windows open, absolutely oblivious to the annoyance being caused or, in the case of certain tunes, the potential embarassment to you. If you have a passion for the Wombles or Black Lace (!!!) go on, admit it to the world

I will sort out mine and list them shortly

• Like 1

Does this include tunes that are now banned? (Mungo Jerry, Blue Mink, stuff like that....) 

My fav songs remind me of places I went on holiday - I can pretend I'm back there again - so I've  a lot of Greek stuff - Orfeas Peridis, Paulis Paulidis, Thanassis Papakonstantinou and the like; a lot of Indian stuff like Malkit Singh, as I love the drum rhythms, and English folk such as Spiers and Boden or the Albion Band.

Most recent 'normal' :) CDs I've bought were Big Country (Greatest Hits Collection) and Kraftwerk. 

One of my former workmates looked at my CD collection and commented: "God, you listen to some sh&t"...

• Sad 1

Don Henley - Boys of Summer

Travolta/Newton John - Grease Megamix

Almand Brothers - Jessica

Beach Boys - Anything (Cheat listing)

Bobby Goldsboro - Summer the First Time

Mason Williams - Classical Gas

Gordon Giltrap - Heartsong

Terry Dactyl & the Dinosaurs - Seaside Shuffle (yes really)

Typically Tropical - Barbados

Eddie Cochrane - Summertime Blues

Just 10 (in no order) that make me smile out of thousands.

10 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

If Kevin lets it through, then list it.

I'm talking about banned from the airwaves!! Mungo Jerry (drink driving) Blue Mink (racist)... even "Daddy wouldn't buy me a bowwow" is apparrently gay or lesbian or whatever but at least it's not banned - yet.

Gordon Giltrap - now THERE'S one I haven't heard in an age. I remember playing that on guitar back in the 1970s. 

On 'proper' driving roads:

Cream - Crossroads

Free - Alright now

Joe Cocker - Delta Lady

Who (live) - Magic Bus

Fleetwood Mac - Oh well

John Fogerty or Tina Turner - Proud Mary

Canned Heat - Going up the country

ZZ Top - Gimme all your loving

Chuck Berry - Johny be goode

But when stuck on the M25 comng back from Duxford singing along with  'An evening with John Denver' to reduce the irritation level.

• Like 1

"Un home et une femme" - daaah daah daah da-da-da-da daah! Etc. Etc.

Cool, avec le 'je ne sais pas', it is ideal journey music.

The film is worth watch when you get there.   Beautiful women, nice cars - the plot centres on the '66 Le Mans, so GT40s, Ferraris, Mustangs etc.   Real drivers movie.

Bonne chance!

John