Clutch

watsona6

10 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

If it wasnt for the recording of old favourites much of tv is getting awful, years of abuse.

Pete

Pete, 

Last night, BBC 2 "The Name of the Rose".   New series based on the Umberto Eco smash hit if philosophy and semiotics (!).  Actually it much better than that sounds, and the 1986 film with Sean Connery was great.    This version may be b more of a " Who dunnit?" than a "Why are we here?" But its looking good.

Clashes with HIGNFY, but that's what iPlayer is for!

Also new series of  "Spiral" due shortly!

John

Shortly means tonight,BBC4, 2100.

A film cannot contain the same detail as a book.   Youre lucky if 30% of any book makes it into a 90 minute film version.   With the book at  500+ pages the film had to run 110 mins, but even so.....

At 400 mins (8 x 50), the TV series has a better opportunity tomrealise as much detail.as possible.   We will see!   Mai's, mes copains, nous Devon's retouurner a Spiral, maintenant!

Jean

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Del Boy,

That is NOT what you said. You said “let the clutch OUT and engine stops”

Unless I’m misunderstanding in and out, although some of my wives have said that.

db

In my little world: pedal down, clutch in. Pedal up, clutch out. I've no idea of the correct terminology!

If you let the pedal up ie take your foot off it, the car stops. When you depress it again, it starts. One of my Triumphs did that, way back, but without the restarting bit. THAT was a problem!

(But not an MOT problem. If you get my drift.)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, watsona6 said:

Thanks guys. I’ll get the seals checked and bleed it. Lesson learnt about clutch use - I’ll lay off it! Again another winding thread drift, interesting non the less! 

Just like with some journeys, the getting there is as interesting as the destination.

Most threads here take the 'scenic' route to get there....