Blue Hylamar / Stag Well seal

daverclasper

1 hour ago, daverclasper said:

Hi.   Used this for engine etc. Anyone know if it can be used for cooling system, please.

Cheers, Dave

Welseal to seal the wet liners in a TR engine.  Water one side oil the other and works very well.

If you are wanting to seal a drinking water system then Hylomar do a Blue Hylomar for Potable water.

Roger

On 13/03/2020 at 18:44, Pete Lewis said:

both used extensively for years tried and tested ,

but im a serious fan of stuff like loctite 574  and such similars  

https://www.google.com/search?q=loctite+574+uses&oq=loctite+574&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.15754j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Pete

Might be a useful addition to the sealants shelf, Pete.

It's available in red bottles or white tubes, and the latter are significantly cheaper, for the same amount.     Any reason to chose the bottle?

John

yes John  as for on the shelf....i still have cartridges of the stuff left when production closed .in 1993    wonder if its got a best before date as they are still working well 

it goes solid and really holds things together once bolted up , ie i hard gasket machined faces ...never to leak again 

Pete

Hi all,

Bit of thread drift, but I want to remove my thermostat housing and flush the block coolant passages before replacing the coolant. When I put the thermostat housing on - many years ago - I used Red Hermatite, as recommended by local car factors. What sealant do people recommend now ?

Gav

Hello Gav,

I have just done some thermostat housing work on a classic - I always use Granville Instant Gasket - with most jobs that require a seal and have to say (touch wood) has never let me down. 

Places like EBC sell it or easily accessible via eBay.

Regards.

Richard.

On 15/03/2020 at 17:48, classiclife said:

Hello Gav,

I have just done some thermostat housing work on a classic - I always use Granville Instant Gasket - with most jobs that require a seal and have to say (touch wood) has never let me down. 

Places like EBC sell it or easily accessible via eBay.

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks Richard.

Gav