What engine setup is this

Paul H

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Paul, 

what did you not understand from either Colin's answer, or the TSSC Cambridge post?    Look again, at all the pics.

John

Thanks John understand now , senior moment 😨

Paul 

35 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Now all we can do is polish them.

Dave

Not quite so. I've just taken the GT6 to Sainsburys. Perfectly legitimate under present restrictions and no one can accuse me of panic buying - there's barely enough space in the back for a normal weekly shop for the two of us!

I'm going to keep using my classics for shopping trips during lockdown as it does them no good being idle for too long.

Nigel

13 minutes ago, Nigel Clark said:

Not quite so. I've just taken the GT6 to Sainsburys. Perfectly legitimate under present restrictions and no one can accuse me of panic buying - there's barely enough space in the back for a normal weekly shop for the two of us!

I'm going to keep using my classics for shopping trips during lockdown as it does them no good being idle for too long.

Nigel

I would love to, but I took the daughter's Fiesta down the street this morning after replacing the front pads and got a lot of dirty looks from people standing in their doorways.

Imagine the looks if I was in the GT6... small village, lot of big opinions and rumourmongers... :)

15 minutes ago, Nigel Clark said:

Nigel

Nigel, You have done it now you put it on social media. There be a police car tailing you next time you go out!

Dave

1950 Police Car 3.jpg

12 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I would love to, but I took the daughter's Fiesta down the street this morning after replacing the front pads and got a lot of dirty looks from people standing in their doorways.

Imagine the looks if I was in the GT6... small village, lot of big opinions and rumourmongers... :)

Neighbours round here know I'm a totally mad petrol head and just find it a bit eccentric.

Be interesting to see what reaction my classics get when out shopping during lockdown. The GT6 got a few admiring looks in Sainsbury's car park... Well I think it was admiration!

Nigel

8 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Nigel, You have done it now you put it on social media. There be a police car tailing you next time you go out!

Dave

1950 Police Car 3.jpg

Nice one! I'm pretty sure the GT6 would out run that particular cop car.

Seriously though, I won't be surprised to get pulled over in one of the classics. I will always have a shopping list and carrier bags with me. Or be returning home with shopping on board.

I'm not going to flout the lockdown regs but see no reason to stop using classic cars; they will simply be restricted to essential journeys.

Nigel

1 hour ago, Nigel Clark said:

Nice one! I'm pretty sure the GT6 would out run that particular cop car.

Seriously though, I won't be surprised to get pulled over in one of the classics. I will always have a shopping list and carrier bags with me. Or be returning home with shopping on board.

I'm not going to flout the lockdown regs but see no reason to stop using classic cars; they will simply be restricted to essential journeys.

Nigel

The one I had. (6-80?) Back around 1960. was an Ex Hampshire police Model. It would do 100+. Four up and sometimes with 6 aboard. Don`t quite know what, if anything, they did to the Motors?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

He brought sickness back to the village!! Burn him!! And his Triumph...

villagers.jpg.48de4120dbd33193538e17b52eac229e.jpg

Getting a bit ridiculous now, allegations of neighbours reporting people for walking dogs twice a day!. If mine doesn't get out twice a day she sulks something rotten!.

Pete