No rear lights.

martin hughes

Hi

How did the O/P get On?. I`ve been back out in the garage this afternoon, When I was putting the loom back in it`s box, it occurred to me that the Connection the the rear section must be just under the dash Passenger side?.

Pete

• Thanks 1

Hi Folks, 

Sorry for the delayed response but i’ve been working on the car nearly all day. 

OK,  update on wire gate!!!! I started from the switch where I had power, in and out. From here the the loom travels to the passenger side into another block of bullet connections. Power was getting here ok but i gave the connection a clean up anyway. The power was coming out so I followed the leads down the A post into the front of the foot well. Here the leads enter another bock of  bullet connections, the power was going in but not coming out. 

At last I had found a fault, there was some signs of water corrosion around the bullet connections. This is hardly surprising as the block is right in the corner of the passenger foot well. I replaced the connection with fresh set and the power was flowing from this block once more. I followed the lead just to make sure that all was well, in the end I had taken half the cars interior apart to check the leads.

From here I went to the boot to check the power was there, happy days I now had power back to the rear lights and number plate light. One thing I did notice, when I reconnected the rest of the leads (I took them all out when I removed the wiring for the tow bar) On the drivers side there is another block of three bullet connections. One with a live feed (red) and the other two green on the in side of the connector. On the other side of the connector the red wire is connected with a green and the red joins to another green? This maybe something that the previous owner did but it did throw me for a while.

With all the lights working again I rewired the tow bar connections and all is well.

Many thanks to all the advice and diagrams that you all sent me, I really appreciate all of your help.

Martin

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

its the joys of 50 yrs of meddling

Pete 

Amen, to that!. My loom does indeed only have ONE set of connectors, so the theory about tub separation May well "fly".

Pete

• Like 1