Alloy Wheel Specification-13/60

Hi

Bored and browsing "fleabay" I came across a set (5) of Dolomite Sprint Alloys for sale. I am curious as to whether they would fit a 13/60? The advert does not specify PCD nor offset. Both of which would obviously be critical.

There is also a suggestion the the "pretty" alloys for the MGF series will fit?.

Pete

Had a set on my first Vitesse, Spacers needed front and back about 15mm on the front to clear the Calipers and about 6mm at the rear to clear the Mk2 Wishbone trunnion's if I remember correctly.

You may be ok on the Herald with the smaller Discs and calipers but the offset is not ideal.   

HI

Thanks, did wonder, Had alloy spacers on my Cooper back in the day to clear the inner arches. I have looked at Minlights too. I think they produce a size for the Herald?.

23 hours ago, PeteH said:

Thanks, did wonder, Had alloy spacers on my Cooper back in the day to clear the inner arches. I have looked at Minlights too. I think they produce a size for the Herald?.

I have Minilite copies on Vit, and seen them on many Herald/Vit's. I think they also do different width sizes. 

On 03/05/2020 at 09:03, thescrapman said:

Sprint alloys may require spacers ( and longer studs) as offset is slightly different.

And the rare/expensive/fragile sprint nuts which are unique to that wheel design. Two sizes, 3/8 for early sprints to fit "our" cars, and later sprints used 7/16 which are stronger. Both oroginally made from alloy, which has a habit of stripping on the smaller sized nuts.

MGF wheels straight fit. Almost. Nuts an issue, as 3/8 nuts will pass straight through the  wheel holes. It can be bodged (not a good word when it comes to attaching wheels) using an alloy wheel conversion washer, then a flared alloy wheel nut. Not ideal. Better is to fit m12 studs and then use MGF/ford wheel nuts.

52 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Hi

The ones I saw listed where 15". Allegedly a fit for the Herald/Vittesse?. Brings into play the need for a different Speedo drive gear to cope.

See my post above. Offset and clearance etc at your own risk! and speedo will depend hugely on tyre width/profile (ie 195 50 15 profile will be the same as 155/80 13, but 50 profile is really too low for swing axle/spring suspension)

7 hours ago, PeteH said:

Hi

The ones I saw listed where 15". Allegedly a fit for the Herald/Vittesse?. Brings into play the need for a different Speedo drive gear to cope.

Hi,

It does not if the overall diameter is the same. I have MGF 16's on the rear and the same diameter as 155/80/13.

Luckily for me, I have never seen a 17" MGF wheel.

What is the wheel offset on an OEM 13/60 wheel?

Cheers,

Iain.