Insurance renewal

Mashby

Hello,

Today my insurance renewal dropped on the mat. My car is a 1968 Herald 1360 convertible and it is a standard car (nothing clever like different engine etc)

I am currently with Foootman James and my renewal quote is £206.18. It includes recovery and agreed insurance value of £5k on unlimited miles (which I really don’t need)

Can anyone recommend another company who could possibly beat this quote or am I doing okay with this quote from Footman James?

many thanks

M

M,

GT6, Peter James, unlimited mileage, agreed value 16k, recovery (used once!)  £120

PJ don't seem bothered about mileage limits, a few thousand to unlimited didn't cost any more.

Have I sent my last valuation in?!!! :wub: BUGGER!!!!

Doug

5 hours ago, Mashby said:

Hello,

Today my insurance renewal dropped on the mat. My car is a 1968 Herald 1360 convertible and it is a standard car (nothing clever like different engine etc)

I am currently with Foootman James and my renewal quote is £206.18. It includes recovery and agreed insurance value of £5k on unlimited miles (which I really don’t need)

Can anyone recommend another company who could possibly beat this quote or am I doing okay with this quote from Footman James?

many thanks

M

Do you have TSSC valuation which is accepted by the TSSC insurance panel . Best £15 I’ve spent got a very pleasant surprise  as to insurance value , which shouldn’t be misconstrued to a possible sales  value

Paul 

6 hours ago, Mashby said:

Hello,

many thanks

M

I doubt you will beat Peter James 0121 506 6040. A few questions done over the phone. For agreed value you will have to fill in a form and send them three recent photo's of your car. Easy as that :) 

Tony.

2 hours ago, poppyman said:

I doubt you will beat Peter James 0121 506 6040. A few questions done over the phone. For agreed value you will have to fill in a form and send them three recent photo's of your car. Easy as that :)

The form and photos can be done by email, too. My premium is higher than yours, @Mashby, but it covers three cars, two of which have agreed value of £14-15K

Postcode is the biggest variable - so be careful when simply looking at two numbers from people in reply to your question. That said, I would strongly recommend you speak with Peter James, they are usually very competitive and, being a club panel member, make the agreed value part simple.

the phone is still your friend to make sure you are comparing apples with apples.

....... Andy 

Thanks for all the input. I should have mentioned i am in SE London which no doubt will have a weighting, but it looks like I will be giving Peter James a call to start with and take it from there. My feeling is I can definitively do better! 

M

M

if your current policy is under written by ERS then you will get same quote from PJ +/- a few £. As I discovered a few weeks, tried 4 brokers, all use ERS, and each knew more about me than I told them, so we're getting details of my named drivers from ERS.

I eventually found a different underwriter via Cherished Insurance, saved 40% compared with PJ.

1 hour ago, thescrapman said:

M

if your current policy is under written by ERS then you will get same quote from PJ +/- a few £. As I discovered a few weeks, tried 4 brokers, all use ERS, and each knew more about me than I told them, so we're getting details of my named drivers from ERS.

I eventually found a different underwriter via Cherished Insurance, saved 40% compared with PJ.

Strange one that Scrapman, i tried them last year and the very helpful chap said he couldn't do the breakdown cover for my three cars for what i was paying...... I guess there must be so many things they take into quotes? I even have a 25year old on the policy. Mine is ERS  BTW.  :) 

Tony.