Who is bidding?

Steve P

I'll give you £73 for yours Steve?

They can be < 400 from what I've gleaned !!!

First dibs  on yours if you want to sell? Please.

Looks like it's a fight between 6d and 0i, they are the only ones left after 3 others dropped out ??. Think I'll ping a bid in :)

unless you get back to me.....

edited to say ... I've communicated with nursecurly and he is expecting £300. but he will allow collection... saving 60 :(

22 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Postage is hefty, though... £60?

I almost gave this one away, as it only cost me £50; I changed my mind - thankfully, going by those prices! - it's now fully restored and hanging on the wall out of the way, or will be when I can reach the hooks - very high up and impossible for one person to lift on a ladder.... :( I think I'll revise the price if I ever go to sell. I'll watch for the final price on that eBay one.

DSC_0136.jpg.0ed945a6e2d11c70f1d02b52d0b8b67a.jpg.0c72f8beaac85adbeab87dfdb73dc0af.jpg  1C9E676C-9DA6-4C5B-922E-DCE33ECAE929_1_105_c.jpg.241191258c3011a2461842d1e285ab43.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

First dibs  on yours if you want to sell? Please.

Looks like it's a fight between 6d and 0i, they are the only ones left after 3 others dropped out ??. Think I'll ping a bid in :)

unless you get back to me.....

edited to say ... I've communicated with nursecurly and he is expecting £300. but he will allow collection... saving 60 :(

With all the work left to do, it`s probably worth about half his "asking" IMV?. But as I found out recently selling a redundant piece of "kit", when they get into bidding it can go silly. Mind I wasn`t complaining, I nearly got back what I paid for it!.

Pete

2 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Oh dear, I've been outbid.

Not going any higher. Not that keen on the work required.  I'll  wait for Colin or Steve to come back to me :) ????

Hello Jeff

I have one that I do not need it is painted black and has all the glass in it I can not remember what the head lining is like and it is all tucked up in a store store shed /tent!

But if you are interested in it make me a sensible offer and I will undo the store and dig it out!

I live in the Midlands J4 M5 

Roger

ps pm me if interested I do not want to start a Dutch Auction I would use Fleabay if I did!

pps just looked at this site and it made my eyes water!!!!

Honeybourne Mouldings fibreglass replacement panels

35 minutes ago, rogerguzzi said:

pps just looked at this site and it made my eyes water!!!!

Honeybourne Mouldings fibreglass replacement panels

Quite pricey, but a lot of them do come up second-hand so keep an eye out.

Nice to see that the fittings and seals are available; I was able to source mine through a mate who repairs accident-damaged buses and so has an entire range of glass and other panel or door seals. The plan is to use it for a trial period until I get the hood fitted - which may even come first, the way things go in my garage - and then see how it compares against the hood itself for bad-weather use.

Didn`t realise Honeybourne were charging that much!,i bought it from Bournemouth for £100 a few years ago with a plan to use it for the RBRR,drove the Vitesse down there and came back with it fitted,I think that`s the only time i used it.did the RBRR with just the hood,I rarely have the  roof up anyway,now the hood has shrunk.

Hardtop now hanging in the roof space of my lockup.

Off now to see if Brooklands are doing the New Years Day meet.

Steve

Mine is by Smith and Deakin, (S+D - the two to extreme left and right below with the little silver badge at the b-post) but as with Honeybourne, a while ago you could get both either with quarterlights or without.

1931673.jpg.1173201ffd6b372ef73573fec72dad5f.jpg s-l300-2.jpg.ec33dbd3ee3b2b633857461b4e89ab92.jpg s-l300.jpg.84b80a226696b86adfef7e6374df063e.jpg s-l400.jpg.9a03cda94554af0f33a6130077d76336.jpg

The one I really want has two rooflights, like Le Mans-style panels, in the actual roof. Haven't found any yet in my area / price range but could yet get my own modified...