LPB Bearings any good?

You can buy proper Timkin for similar money from Chris Witor. Fronts at least.

https://www.chriswitor.com/products.php?cat=210

LPB are not a name I have really come across. So I doubt they are a quality brand. I would always try to use Timkin SKF NTN RHP and others that I will remember when I see the name! (anything made in Japan should be good, I think Koyo own all or part of Timkin now)

• Like 1

LPB seems to be a Chinese company supplying a wide range of automotive parts and is a big supplier within China itself. Difficult to say what their quality is like as cant find many reviews but always have to remember that a lot of well established companies of course manufacture there and also even Japan didnt originally have a good reputation....

• Like 1

My triumph friend has retired  from SKF  which is just at the bottom of my road 

i use the clock tower to set my watch 

so there goes another supa cheap supplier of bearings 

you could ring him  up and they were dropped off at lunch break 

all Gone now 

i know of a box full of RMS8 for the gearbox but they dont have the circlip groove ...not much use    shame 

Pete

14 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

i know of a box full of RMS8 for the gearbox but they dont have the circlip groove ...not much use    shame

If a decent number then why not get a machine shop to add the groove - only a couple of minutes work per bearing once set up.....

Nick

I usually, go to a local supplier George Lodge, for all my bearings, What they don`t have they can get within 24/48hrs. Price is competitive with Motor Factors. I still have my old "Equivalent" brochure from about 1960. We used to have "grades" of bearing, for different aplications.

Pete