DVLA

68vitesse

Opened a letter this morning without looking at the name, correct address but in the name of a person who never lived here. It contains a V5 for a car I have never owned so looks like only option is to reseal mark addressee unknown also car never owned and put it back in the post.

I will not be including my name.

Regards

Paul

Looks like you could have a few people knocking on your door when the speeding fines are not paid, worse if that person leaves uses the vehicle for a more serious crime. I have know someone woken by armed police by his bedside, not his actions. Best photo and inform dvla before anything happens. 

1 hour ago, 68vitesse said:

Opened a letter this morning without looking at the name, correct address but in the name of a person who never lived here. It contains a V5 for a car I have never owned so looks like only option is to reseal mark addressee unknown also car never owned and put it back in the post.

I will not be including my name.

Regards

Paul

A long shot is it for a MGB GT? My son has one lost in the post 

Paul 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I have know someone woken by armed police by his bedside, not his actions. 

Bit serious for speeding? "You were clocked moving faster than a speeding bullet...." :)

But if that was me Paul I'd be writing straight to DVLA, enclose an explanatory letter and the V5 you've received, to distance yourself from the vehicle. Just putting it back in the post is a bit of pot luck.

11 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Bit serious for speeding? "You were clocked moving faster than a speeding bullet...." :)

But if that was me Paul I'd be writing straight to DVLA, enclose an explanatory letter and the V5 you've received, to distance yourself from the vehicle. Just putting it back in the post is a bit of pot luck.

The vehicle was used in an armed robbery. 

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

You could send it back to the DVLA and fill it out that you have sold it to someone you don't like :) 

Alf.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Had a letter from DVLA this morning that following my letter my details have been removed from the vehicles history.

Regards

Paul

Result, if it was bad news the letter arrives on a Saturday, so you can't do anything and your anger subsides till Monday!