104433 Bearing

Alex59

The problem is it has a grove cut in it for the circlip and I believe this makes it a Triumph specific part, some one like Mike Papworth might be able to help.

He was very helpful when I broke my Vitesse gearboxca few years ago, he advised me to reuse the main bearings for the reason stated above.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

Thats my take on the numbers although I dont know if they correspond to the manufacturers you have shown. It isnt a specific Triumph bearing but apparently is only now made with the groove by a Korean company KOR (which are the ones usually supplied in gearbox repair kits) or KSN. The latter is a Japanese company and supposedly the better quality of the two costing 35 - 40 quid a go but dont know which stockist supply them.... 

• Like 1

i can get hold of skf  RMS8 but they dont have the circlip groove  so   sorry thats no help 

that would need grinding and a serious wash out  cost for skf to do it is prohibitive (ie friendly staff have retired )

never heard of KOR  

the case is very hard i doubt a lathe tool will add a groove 

Pete

• Like 1

In my View. The Only (DIY) way you would cut a groove in the external surface would be to use a Narrow Slitting grind wheel mounted on a lathe Cross-slide. They are far too hardened for any standard lathe tool, with outside exception of a ceramic tip of the correct width, which, again in my view, would be doubtful.

RImmer show an RMS8N (Imperial) under that part number? In order to confirm, you will need O/D - I/D - And width. They are single row deep groove bearings.

I can never find my Bearing Comprison Chart when I need it.

Pete

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

never heard of KOR  

https://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/265139-wheel-bearings-to-avoid/

One to avoid, allegedly.

That bearing is also originally used in the MGA, MGB, MG 1500 Midget and our very own TR7 so a search through some of the MG pages might yield a source or cross-reference.

• Like 1