Off to the seaside

cliff.b

Away to the coast for a few days later this morning and Mrs Cliff has agreed to go in the Spit, but still wants to take all the stuff she would have taken in one of the other cars.

Does anyone know what the maximum payload is 🤔

The journey wasn't completely uneventful. Driving along at about 60 I felt a whack on the head and assumed something had fallen off a tree. Reaching up my cap felt all sticky so I removed it and found it was covered in bird cr*p. It was nowhere else. Is this a bird with a sense of humour, and incredibly good aim 🤔

I'm just glad I was wearing the cap lol

I got hit in the face by a Bumble bee when riding my motorbike back in the 70's. Open face helmet....  Never had a hit driving the Midge, but drove through an unseen deep puddle at night which cascaded over the windscreen and left me a bit damp...

8 minutes ago, mark powell said:

I got hit in the face by a Bumble bee when riding my motorbike back in the 70's. Open face helmet....  Never had a hit driving the Midge, but drove through an unseen deep puddle at night which cascaded over the windscreen and left me a bit damp...

The joys of open top motoring 🙂

41 minutes ago, mark powell said:

Of course, what I forgot, was having to run the gauntlet under the trees in Brighton Grand Parade when coming home after my late shift.  Thousands of Starlings roosting in the trees there!

Just keep an umbrella (TSSC logo of course) on the passenger seat, just in case. Quicker than put the top up.

If you have time, do the coast route to Eastbourne via Birling Gap and Beachy Head. Cool breeze up there. You can return via the A27 to join the A23 and that is a nice scenic route too.

I live in that area, so I am biassed.

• Like 1

Yup, I used to live near Storrington, that is a pretty route, as is the A280 that goes from Angmering to Findon. East Sussex has very few dual carrigeways but going North is tedious as all routes lead to the Dartford crossing or Blackwall Tunnel.

If I have time, even going to see friends in the lakes, I use the A272 to Winchester, then A34 to Oxford. It avoids parking on the M25.

Have just planned my motorhome tour, and may travel from 7pm to early hours using one motorway stop just to get round London.

Returned home today and it became steadily hotter as we moved inland. Supposed to be high 30s and felt it.

For anyone that is interested in such things, initially my temp gauge mostly stayed just below normal, where it normally does but then started rising a fraction when going up gradients. If it got just past normal my electric fans, which are still fitted as well as the mechanical one, cut in for a while.

The electrics are on a thermostat in the lower hose and currently set to 85C and I have never seen them come on while moving since the mech fan was reinstated. Once they came on the temp went no higher so it does seem that the setup is effective.