cordless ratchet

ahebron

For my dads 90th birthday last year I got him a cordless ratchet spanner.
What a great tool yes I have knocked them in the past and stated I preferred my air ratchet but this is a godsend.
I like it so much I bought one myself and for doing repeat work where you are undoing and doing up nuts and bolts repeatedly they make the job so easy.
Shame the job hasnt gone to well but at least it is easier than using a manual ratchet.

Link is to the one I have bought 2 of and I am pretty sure these are just a rebrand of another found on other sites,

https://www.topmaq.co.nz/12v-li-ion-cordless-ratchet-wrench-kit-poba0802

i am a fond user of any battery power hand assistant 

when Bunnings took over home base they sold off a lot of  ex Homebase Guild battery tools and i got a 3/8 drive impact gun for £6  i should have bought   the stock and sold at the pub but when i returned with that in mind some unscrupulous bandit had beaten me too it .

i have 4 makita drills ,  Guild drill (lithium) dremell , 1/2 drive impact , and two 3/8drive impact  guns (one lithium)  and  two makita torches ( all the maks take the same batteries)   ans fully agree   all save a lot of twirling and hand ratcheting 

the std cell units you need to keep charged and some are 20yr old still going so life expectance has been good 

Pete

Makita for me too. Bit of a mix, 36v Lawn mower (2x 18v), 18v Strimmer, 18v Tyre pressure tool, 18v SDS drill, 18v circular saw, 14v grinder, 2 x 10.8v impact drills, 1 x 10.8v drill, 1 x 10.8 v jigsaw, 1 x 10.8v reciprocating saw.  All Li-on.  Plus 2 old 18v Ni-cad Drills. 

A bit set in my ways maybe.

18 hours ago, mark powell said:

Makita for me too. Bit of a mix, 36v Lawn mower (2x 18v), 18v Strimmer, 18v Tyre pressure tool, 18v SDS drill, 18v circular saw, 14v grinder, 2 x 10.8v impact drills, 1 x 10.8v drill, 1 x 10.8 v jigsaw, 1 x 10.8v reciprocating saw.  All Li-on.  Plus 2 old 18v Ni-cad Drills. 

A bit set in my ways maybe.

Over here the preferred brand for professional workmen seems to be Milwaukee. Most of the plumbers and tilers who come to my house have that brand. 

I have a Makita circular saw and De Walt cordless drill and they're both great. My current angle grinder (replaced a Black and Decker that lasted 30 years) is Makita but I'm not impressed, the switch is awkward to use when holding it.

I have a Ryobi Angle Grinder the gears mesh very smoothly and slide switch easy to operate. when I cleaned the chassis and body of rust and under seal I brought a cheap PRC one it did the job and the son now has it but the gear mesh was very clunky but it did and still does the job.

All my other equipment is DeWalt, all battery 2 drills, impact gun, circular saw, jig saw and recriprocating saw.

My sons father in law in Taiwan is a VP of a company that makes their own and other world named diy and professional brushless & battery tools and provides the motors to many other manufacturers.

iriconically my son has a full suite of PRC made Ozito battery. equipment from Bunnings guaranteed for 5 years no quibble replacement policy never had a problem with any right down to the battery lawn mower

Edited by Peter Truman