GT6 luggage floor

I got plywood from B & Q. I used the originals as templates and transferred the metal parts.  No need to get the same thickness board, thicker will fit and less likely to sag. Bit more difficult if you haven't got the originals. Maybe make cardboard templates and if you transfer the shapes to thick enough board you won't need the supporting piece down the middle. The two "bayonet" connectors for the panel above the spare tyre are increasingly difficult to find and you may have to use bolts like the panel above the fuel tank.

Doug

3 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

the space under the extended luggage floor becomes a secret storage area once the seats are back in. A neat idea!

Standard GT6 as far as I am aware. Unless you have an occasional rear seat (as if!)

I still have my original front section and tank cover. The wheel cover section has been replaced in ply, thinned down locally to fit into the rear clips.

My tool box and 'travel' socket set live very nicely on the drivers side.

Ian

34 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

I've seen this before, the space under the extended luggage floor becomes a secret storage area once the seats are back in. A neat idea!

Doug

The extended luggage floor shown in the article was factory stock on this Mk2.  (GT6+, actually.)

Ed

Edited by ed.h