Herald Bonnet to bulkhead rubber cone stops

Hi, 

I replaced these just after I bought Hetty but they have perished and split / started to break up already.

Now I know modern rubber is rubbish because they have changed the constituents that make it up but really??....................

I suppose I should count myself lucky that they lasted a couple of years though. I have heard of items 'under stress' failing allot quicker....

Anyway, before I buy replacements, can anyone recommend some decent ones that I won't be throwing money away on?

Or, in reality, doesn't it matter where I buy them from?

I have spotted these (links below), are the more expensive ones better? Or will it make no difference?

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwi0huLlvoiGAxWANwYAHVe4AfMYABAHGgJ3cw&ase=2&gclid=CjwKCAjw0YGyBhByEiwAQmBEWhPZ1b3bg-dq-Vvgykl9IU9jZpOOtXwUtDd_Ttgoee0zM4IMgmd-DxoCbcAQAvD_BwE&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESV-D25yqnnpbhTif0ftUTZcRlAS21KpHfRrMTOGBASJZbay6gn4wvZ5yIpW6bOmXb0Wu95dwG0xfEvSIpeqtfuajzVg02E6oVfHaib_0fCalQFN2HfbUYzg&sig=AOD64_31sgECnWlQiSXAc5bBDcV8SKY9zQ&ctype=5&q=&nis=4&ved=2ahUKEwjPsNvlvoiGAxUxQ_EDHcLpC4IQ9aACKAB6BAgGEBA&adurl=

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwi0huLlvoiGAxWANwYAHVe4AfMYABASGgJ3cw&ase=2&gclid=CjwKCAjw0YGyBhByEiwAQmBEWgumuX2Vgn4VRev8ilDQNtK5iQ1ILU3nvll3XkSalqKLe94W_YgfaBoCRyIQAvD_BwE&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESV-D25yqnnpbhTif0ftUTZcRlAS21KpHfRrMTOGBASJZbay6gn4wvZ5yIpW6bOmXb0Wu95dwG0xfEvSIpeqtfuajzVg02E6oVfHaib_0fCalQFN2HfbUYzg&sig=AOD64_2OIlKjCW7UC6ZYO3ElyW-OaiNV8Q&ctype=5&q=&nis=4&ved=2ahUKEwjPsNvlvoiGAxUxQ_EDHcLpC4IQ9aACKAB6BAgGEF8&adurl=

Best wishes,

Mike.

The quality of modern rubbers is compromised by the preceived need not to use some "ingredients" due to thier environmental consequences. Hence ,in my veiw, why NOS can often be the way to go?.

A can of worms that filters down through all manufacturing today.

Pete.

My original cones snapped off the top of the threaded part well over 30 years ago, but conveniently have stayed stuck in the sockets on the bonnet section where they still work fine....so have never felt the need to renew them.

JJ

On 13/05/2024 at 09:07, Pete Lewis said:

yes club shop are good ones  

take care what ever you buy some out there have metric threads  which is ok if its nut fixing but 

if its a caged nut you will be in trouble 

Yup, I got cheap ones off Ebay, turned out to be metric and my car has imperial captive nuts. :wub: 

So I got proper ones from the club shop

Doug