TWIDDLE DAY 2

Pete Lewis

Angie has a set of Mintex brake pads with my name on them this time around! And after the monsoon conditions on Saturday afternoon through the Chilterns returning from Fawley Hill I might need the splash guards in case of a future repeat! ??

Gully

One thing that you can't do (easily) on standard fuses on a Spitfire is work out the actual current draw - the modern fuses have a defined resistance depending on the rating, so by measuring the volt drop across the fuse via the two test points on the back of the fuse, you can calculate the current (ohms law)

In theory you can do it on the glass fuses, but I'm not sure the resistance is as well documented or consistant?

John    still splutter and  wheeze  working on it , cant give in ,  im ok if the chokes out a bit 

But exhaust is a bit sooty and the intakes had better days   Ha !!

Kickoff around 10.00 / 10.30

We have the large gazebo  in the carpark,  

Any overspill parking is generally just down the road on the village park

Pete

the forecast is looking good so ditch the sunday lunch come to HQ for a good natter burger and banger  BBQ 

and some friendly advice thrown in to keep you amused 

Dougs now off poorly so no thread drift on the day 

hope he recovers soon he s got to miss a wedding and a twiddle ...thats not good.

Is there an agenda/list of problems that people would like to discuss?

I'll come ready to demonstrate my hobby horses, ELoO, Laser toe testing and TDC by Piston Stopping, if anyone wants those.    Multimeters also mentioned - anything else?

John

I’m contemplating bringing the Spit. Problem with the carb settings if anyone wants to help ? Still bunny hopping in second when trying to maintain half revs. It’s a pain round town. Obviously if anyone wants to test drive her that’s fine with me. 

Pleased it was informative  and useful  good friendly day out , we solved some and gave some clues on those needing more than a twiddle

Resisted  the cough and splutter but its caught me up tonight

Think I need Johns piston stop

Thanks to all who attended , makes it all worthwhile

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1