Seat options for GT6

Mike T

Hi all

Even though my GT6 seats are in good condition I find them really uncomfortable and they cause me back problems. I have read that MX5 seats can be made to fit but has anyone tried any other seat options. I have looked at some of the kit car seats which are narrow enough so should fit. Has any one looked at fitting Smart seats?

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike , MX5 will fit Vitesse as will MGF seats . Fitted leather MGF seats in my Vitesse and they have transformed the ride , not sure if they fit the GT6 , if they do I still have the fitting instructions

Paul 

20 hours ago, Mike T said:

Hi all

Even though my GT6 seats are in good condition I find them really uncomfortable and they cause me back problems. I have read that MX5 seats can be made to fit but has anyone tried any other seat options. I have looked at some of the kit car seats which are narrow enough so should fit. Has any one looked at fitting Smart seats?

Many thanks

Mike

I suspect back problems and the GT6 driving position go together - the pedal offset still irritates my lower back after a long run even with refurbished seats.

Gully

Thanks for the comments. My seats seem in pretty good condition and the guy I bought the car from said he had reconditioned them the year before I bought the car but he might have just replaced the covers. The other thing I don't like about the seat is the headrest is very low and hence I liked the look of some of the alternative seat options

As I might be able to Smart seats I wondered if anyone had experience of trying to make them fit

Mike

I put reclining, no headrest, gt6 seats in my Spit with new foams and covers from Owen at Park Lane Classics. I endorse everything which has been posted about Owen's stuff. Truely superb. I have never tried the other styles of seats but mine are now so comfy, I don't feel I need to. However getting out of the car... that's a different matter.

Mike. Doug makes a comment on my thread, about his gt6 headrests looking good but not being much use for safety.