Brake Light Switch

Darren Groves

7 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

I thought the shop delivery price, £5, a bit excessive, It's based on weight and I could have bought 10 for the same delivery. Suggest you complain and see what happens ;)

Doug

Minimum postage is £5.80 with TSSC shop , I think they don’t want small orders 

Paul 

In this day of internet shopping, many suppliers are making what they can on postage. I was stung for £5 by Paddocks for a part that only cost half of that to send back. £7.50 from Rimmers. I would have thought better of the club shop. The carriage is one reason that puts me off using them. Carefull shopping on Fleabay usually results in reasonable generic parts with free postage even worldwide. Similar with Amazon. I don't want to open a can of worms about slave labour, poor quality etc, but, as has been said before, there are a very limited number of parts producers working a lot of selling platforms. It takes some research but you can find them. My posts are littered with requests for help and guidance. It usually comes... the beauty of this particular forum.

the trouble with the old plastic switch is it needs a long front nut to act to arrest the pedal . if the pedal just returns  to the switch the load just pops it apart

if you had a seperate pedal stop that needs adjusting the pedal only needs to depress the bell push not ring the blasted door bell  as well

with the metal case you shouldnt get this problem

Pete

The postage and packing costs charged by different companies are becoming a differentiator - increasingly more frequently than the parts costs. I'm sure it's not by coincidence that Canleys, Rimmers and Paddocks all run their online portals in a slightly different manner so VAT and delivery are added at different points in the transactions.

Then there's the question of whether or not the company tries to recover part of the wage costs of the person doing the picking and packing via the delivery charges. If the company is handling a lot of orders they can do so with only a small inflation in the p&p cost, but somewhere like the club shop is not going to be able to do that and remain competitive, although I suspect they benchmark against other online suppliers.

Gully

When I first started work on the Spitfire, I'm sure that Paddocks offered free p&p. Then they brought in charges from £5.00 plus vat upwards. Instant profit!!

I'm also sure, and stand correction, that all prices offered to the UK public (ie, not a trade sale/off shore) should be shown inclusive of vat. In that case many suppliers are breaking the law. Rimmers show both prices, the club also vat inc. Amazon and ebay are also inclusive, even for off shore sales. Although Amazon/ebay do have disclaimers regarding customs/import duty etc.