Valenica Blue 13/60 - Interior colours

Jughead

In some cars there was a preferred choice at the factory, but you could go for special order in your own preferred choice, or subsequent owners may also change the interior to suit availability or budget. The code for the original will be on the car's commission plate; Valencia blue paint was 66, so the next stamped two-digit number will be the trim, either 11 for black or (I think, from memory) 13 for tan. When I restored my white 1200 I couldn't get a full set of trim in black, so changed the interior to red; it's easy to do in our cars.

Interior trim option was personal choice when purchasing the car new.

I have a VB Vitesse with black seating, carpets and trim - looks spot-on with the contrasting colours.

On a personal basis I think tan looks naff against blue paint.

Agree, Dave, yes a very nice colour and mechanical combination.

Have to say the car was looking very decent when the photo was taken.

I guess 1x of the usual 2x suspects - written off or overwhelmed by rust.

Regards.

Richard.

3 hours ago, dave.vitesse said:

The 'in' colour for trim in the late 1960's early 1970's was Black. Quite a few years ago I had a Mk2 Vitesse paint 19 White the trim Matador Red. Very rare and it look nice.

Dave 

Like my Estate, which went from black interior to red (needed Estate seats, had none in black, only red or blue.....) Even the carpets are red with white trim, looks nice against Code 19.

DSCF0009.jpg.a5eaef2b5fc5db74f3586761895725b5.jpg

BTW guys, be careful with 'Ginger'. My niece is ginger, her mother refers to it as 'Strawberry blonde'.... so for years we called our cat ' Strawberry Blonde' instead of his original name... Ginger.

• Like 2

My 13/60, currently undergoing a full body off refurb and originally white. Is definitely having a colour change. So with black interior going back in, choices are ??. At the moment we (the Royal we, you understand) favour blue. Seeing as the colour is going to be non original anyway. I have seen a very nice Metalic Blue from the BMW range. Not that far from the triumph Valencia, which is gathering favour. 

Not, likely to sit well with the purists I suspect?.

27 minutes ago, PeteH said:

My 13/60, currently undergoing a full body off refurb and originally white. Is definitely having a colour change. So with black interior going back in, choices are ??. At the moment we (the Royal we, you understand) favour blue. Seeing as the colour is going to be non original anyway. I have seen a very nice Metalic Blue from the BMW range. Not that far from the triumph Valencia, which is gathering favour. 

Not, likely to sit well with the purists I suspect?.

Your car,paint it whatever colour you like!

However, I would be careful with metallics. Can make thecar look a bit odd. I had a mk3 spit that came in Ford "Hawaii" blue, not very good really. It turned Jasmine after a year or so of being on the road.

I like Royal Blue (though that is more navy than royal) on early cars. Very up-market. Though late (square tail spit/GT6) cars should be yellow of course.