1966 Vitesse Mk1 1600 Wing Mirrors

martyn wright

Im saying nuffing

We were about to miss a ferry to the IOW weekend a few years back  some local hold ups changed a peaceful drive to a tear arse chase the clock

She did have gt6 disc and calipers with mintex 1144 pads and a servo.  It would stop ,  some how if needed .

All wing mirrors  were then   replaced with door mirrors  much better 

Pete

1 hour ago, martyn wright said:

You lot are as bananas as me!   Do you lot realise that I only got TWO Sensible answers out of Six ?  In fact I might fill the wing mirror holes in and fit door mirrors!

Welcome to the forum. The madness keeps us all sane. I'd go with the door mirrors. At least you can adjust them on the move. Just fitted the squarish type to my MkIV Spitfire doors. Very useful except that I keep walking into one of them in the garage. 30 years without takes some getting used to.

I had round bullet wing mirrors, looked very pretty but completely useless vision wise. However I've replaced the mirrors with convex, a great improvement, but not as good as door mirrors I think.

Ha! A sensible answer from me for once!

Doug

Yes, it was due to Doug that I made sure that I got convex glass on mine when everyone was trying to sell me flat. Ended up with a great deal off a fleabay trader, convex at no extra charge plus it was a fleabay 10% discount day. Well pleased. Tex aftermarket too.