Car purchase prices

iana

On 02/10/2019 at 11:12, Colin Lindsay said:

I don't know why, maybe just a gut instinct, but I reckon it's very genuine. If I was in the market for one it would be a high contender. 

Yes.

So many of these cars have been messed about with/bodged/different parts/flashed over, nice and shiny, horrors lurking underneath, mech/body etc,etc.

Unless it has proper evidence of been a sound car, I would go for something that presents/is, honest (a bit like buying a Victorian house) .

Dave

Edited by daverclasper

• 2 weeks later...

The car is a bit rustier than the photos suggest but seems fairly genuine, good mot history etc but I couldn’t get to an acceptable price. I’d have gone to 2.5k but that was my limit. I will continue the search!

Hi

It`s a conundrum, This buying online lark. My Sunday after the pub bid was the winner, and as it had just failed a MOT, so the price was "right" as they say (in the mid Hundreds not thousands) BUT :-

image.thumb.jpeg.5e293472a96cab420c20a54990101393.jpeg

Looks better here than it ever was!. It is now in many parts in my garage, the Chassis needed new sections. the (rear) Tub is just coming together after almost 2 years!. And the front section needs New Floors and repairs to the "A" posts!!. I am currently cogitating as to whether to try and repair the 13/60 (lace and filler) bonnet, or fit a Vittese One!, that I have been offered first refusal on?.

The upside I guess is that at least I have the majority of the parts (stashed somewhere?) 90% of the trim for example. Which I am noting is not easy to come by!. And it is fairly certain I will replace the seats with MX5 ones, my back is too old for the originals!. The Engine has been "unlead" converted circa 1990 (ish), so should (Famous last words) go back into service, although one compression is a bit low? and will be investigated.

I do however fancy changing the colour. Valencia Blue? or similar, with a black interior?. And possibly Electric PAS, if it can be cleanly engineered. Any one got a 13/60 Steering column I can use? (butcher). as an experiment?.

Pete

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

Hi

It`s a conundrum, This buying online lark. My Sunday after the pub bid was the winner, and as it had just failed a MOT, so the price was "right" as they say (in the mid Hundreds not thousands) BUT :-

image.thumb.jpeg.5e293472a96cab420c20a54990101393.jpeg

Looks better here than it ever was!. It is now in many parts in my garage, the Chassis needed new sections. the (rear) Tub is just coming together after almost 2 years!. And the front section needs New Floors and repairs to the "A" posts!!. I am currently cogitating as to whether to try and repair the 13/60 (lace and filler) bonnet, or fit a Vittese One!, that I have been offered first refusal on?.

The upside I guess is that at least I have the majority of the parts (stashed somewhere?) 90% of the trim for example. Which I am noting is not easy to come by!. And it is fairly certain I will replace the seats with MX5 ones, my back is too old for the originals!. The Engine has been "unlead" converted circa 1990 (ish), so should (Famous last words) go back into service, although one compression is a bit low? and will be investigated.

I do however fancy changing the colour. Valencia Blue? or similar, with a black interior?. And possibly Electric PAS, if it can be cleanly engineered. Any one got a 13/60 Steering column I can use? (butcher). as an experiment?.

Pete

I fitted mgtf leather seats from a 2002 model in my Vitesse 

Paul

58D966FD-AF4C-4E78-A242-21D4F95E48BC.thumb.jpeg.a04a084c008e763c73948686eeb918ad.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul H said:

I fitted mgtf leather seats from a 2002 model in my Vitesse 

Paul

58D966FD-AF4C-4E78-A242-21D4F95E48BC.thumb.jpeg.a04a084c008e763c73948686eeb918ad.jpeg

If you choose the MGTF seat route I can send you the conversion details . It’s an easy upgrade using the existing seat holes so a retrograde fit is possible 

Paul 

• Like 1