Repair of replace???

If it was a Herald I'd say repair but the late Spitfire lower wings aren't that expensive and it's an easier job. It also gives you a chance to see how bad the flange is, because they do rust out from there and it looks like at least one of yours is beginning to separate. The strengthener in the final photo definitely needs welding up and the easiest "proper" repair would be to replace it while you're doing the lower wing.

• Like 1

I’m facing something similar on my Herald at some point in the future, and was looking to go down the replacement wing route, as although more expensive, it will be a much faster and easier exercise than letting in repair panels, especially as I know my wings are full of filler.

Karl

Replace wings, outer researchers and the headlight panel, I am assuming Spitfire/GT6 all spot welded.

You will have sound panel.

Remember the bonnet is 50% of the cars appearance.

Will give you a good bases for the rest of the car.

Graham

I am a great believer in putting steel back in, Even though  my welding skills are not the most neat.!. With time on my hands, especially with recent lockdown, I chose to fabricate most of the panels I replaced. Its surprising what you can achieve with hammers, a bag of sand and some formers made from old worktops!. Body filler can then "disguise" the cosmetic failures but the underlying structure is sound!. So far I have only had to purchase two front floor wells as they where too deep to fabricate in any sensible manner.

Thanks. Yes, I checked the product code off your previous photo. I just goes to show that a search routine is only as good as the listing its searching on. this is why sometimes its hard to find things on the forum as the item you are looking for is not listed exactly as you would think.