Running problems spark plugs ??

Woody2000

Hi just recently got my triumph 2000 mk2 back on the road the engine runs sweet but back fires occasionally ,idles fine, revs ok ,

I have NGK spark plugs in it wondered if this was the problem ??

maybe should I change them for champions ones instead ?? What is everyone else use 

1 hour ago, Nigel Clark said:

Multi electrode plugs are best for our engines, NGK BUR6ET, or Bosch WR78. The search facility will bring up past threads about m/e plugs.

Nigel

Just put wr78 in the 2500s, runs well with plenty of oomph.

Pops could be over fueling, fuel ign in the hot exhaust

theres a lot about spark plugs and problems here   take care check anything with a R in its prefix may be resistive these tend to give problems with our low HT voltage  fine in a modern but the  "R" can give you misfires   if it relates to resistive   .....you cork the spark up. 

well get some no R and see how much better it might be   ??

i did warn about the preamble ..distracting !!!  I didnt ask doug 

W78  brilliant   no   Rs

my experience with many local cars  is they misfire especialy NGK's if theres a problem and they have BPRES its bin them and instant cured .

the worst was a ballasted coil at 3 ohm and BPRES    the HT had no chance   Put Put cough wheeze pop then  died on the drive 

Pete

3 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Pete - are you sure that vid didn't come of Doug's ' other' website?

Apart from the interesting scenery, I lasted 2 minutes with that video. Yawn. GET TO THE POINT! Must work on my attention span....

Anyway, I use Brisk NR15S sparkplugs. The shelf is full of NGK / Bosch / Champion etc that never seemed to work as well as I'd like.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152565262972?hash=item2385992a7c:g:h7oAAOSwPh5ZLBKC

• 2 weeks later...