2000 and Stag owners in Essex or Herts

Jeff

Hi Chaps

I have just sold my lovely Vitesse and am now considering buying a Stag or 2000 saloon.

Are there any owners in the Essex area that would let me sit in their cars to see if I can get a comfy driving position?

I am 6'3" with a bad back, and have never driven either car, so appreciate knowing if either are suitable before looking to buy.

Also looking for general advice on those models

I am near Chelmsford, but happy to travel a fair way

Thanks

Hi Jeff, i have both Stag and 2.5S and a really bad back to go with them. If you go for the 2000 you will more than likely have to change the front seats for Alpha156 ones, myself and Pete have done that. Stag seats if the foams are ok? are not to bad, but if worn are terrible but can be changed for others. I enjoy both cars but prefer the saloon for all year round driving.

Tony.  

28 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Hi Chaps

I have just sold my lovely Vitesse

I am 6'3" with a bad back

Interesting! I'm 6'4, the back is starting to give up and the last time I travelled any great length in the GT6 I fell out of it onto the tarmac... the back was sore!

That's one of the reasons I'm debating selling it for one of the roomier cars either Herald or Vitesse - I thought the more upright position might help. How did you find the Vitesse?

Hi Colin

The Vitesse is not exactly roomy, that's why I sold mine. I fitted Mazda MX5 seats, which made it a lot better.

I have a pair of immaculate MX5 seats for sale, they fit perfectly

I am in Colchester and you are welcome to come and have a sit in my 2000.

it has Alfa seats at the moment (156 Momo ones with no armrest, which are not the ones most people fit), from my other 2000.

You will very easily get comfortable in a 2000, especially a Mk2, as column adjusts.

Cheers

I have a pair of Mazda Seats. destined for the 13/60 (one day). Orginally I had the "tombstone" ones (fixed headrest, a gift from a Serial MX owner), and found 2 issues 1) the top of the fixed headrests can catch on the C-V roof. 2) they where (for me) too close to the back of the head when the backrest was most comfortable. So they went on Flea bay. The Later seats with removable/adjustable headrests, which I now have, don`t have the same issue. I have modified the MX seat rails and raised them about 20mm, using steel square section and Fabricated steel brackets to pick up the original Triumph mount holes.

Pete

image.thumb.jpeg.6617a10ff83acf063a80df5f5bb50f37.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.079f8f617032af26ff2c915ceb05e411.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ab557a3d842004e8e276ad8b3f541a94.jpeg

Scrapman

Yes, I would love to pop up to Colchester to try your car. I am only 30 mins away

Here are my MX5 seats, with removable headrests.

They are black velour and in immaculate condition.

I have one pair of custom made mounting brackets for the drivers side, which bolt into the original fixing points of a Herald or Vitesse

This enables the seat to be positioned further back for taller people. They are a perfect fit for a Vitesse/Herald and suit the car.

I would want £250 for the pair. Nice ones like this are not easy to find.

20210502_140219.jpg

20210502_140236.jpg

17 hours ago, Jeff said:

Scrapman

Yes, I would love to pop up to Colchester to try your car. I am only 30 mins away

Here are my MX5 seats, with removable headrests.

They are black velour and in immaculate condition.

I have one pair of custom made mounting brackets for the drivers side, which bolt into the original fixing points of a Herald or Vitesse

This enables the seat to be positioned further back for taller people. They are a perfect fit for a Vitesse/Herald and suit the car.

I would want £250 for the pair. Nice ones like this are not easy to find.

20210502_140219.jpg

20210502_140236.jpg

Those are the type i put in my last gt6. Fitted fine and were really comfortable.  In 2012 i paid 60 pounds from a breaker, i was in there when the car was carried in and they did need a good clean. Im after some leather ones, preferably heated.

On 03/05/2021 at 11:21, Colin Lindsay said:

The third set have that magic phrase: 'free economy delivery'... :)

I'm really starting to hate the term: 'collection only'.

They are identical to mine. Similar condition but in need of a clean. So I did well at £50 the pair?.

Pete