Vehicle History

Paul Amey

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me find some history out on my Vitesse Mk1 convertable please. It was manufactured in 1967 but first UK registration was not until 1978. The reg. is PPL 518E and the chassis no. is HC3984CV

Kind regards

Paul .

Not been in the channel islands has it?. If (say) it had been in Jersey. I don`t think it can be transferred to the UK with being re-registered?. It is however likely to get an "age related" Index number.

Pete

I seem to remember the British armed forces overseas eg Malaysia etc the soldiers repatriated their vehicles back to the UK don’t know if it was like the US boys where they could/would always find space on a returning cargo plane to achieve this.

3 hours ago, thescrapman said:

I have the mortal remains of a 1971 Herald Estate that was sold New in Jersey. Was moved to the mainland in 1980/1 and was registered on a W plate, which I was told was normal at th time.

Did not get age-related until a few years later.

I have had a few cars with newer plates due to being abroad. 

Paul,

If the Heritage certificate indicates the car was shipped to Jersey (or if you find it was at some point) and you have registration details, the way forward then is to contact Jersey Heritage ( and NOT the Jersey Government) who for a small fee will provide you with the previous owner details they have on file.