Pressure washing

daverclasper

Hi.  Some benefits from doing underside of car after winter I assume.

Any negatives?, or areas of car to avoid (thinking of any bearings, spray could get into, also chassis box sections, where water may sit?, in fact maybe the whole of the underneath in that case?).

Cheers, Dave

I have used a normal garden hose. And found the "hanging basket" hose attachments pretty handy for rinsing the underside of a car. Gets the muck out from the nooks and crannies. When dry a squirt of your favoured xax protection is not a bad idea. 

18 minutes ago, clive said:

I have used a normal garden hose. And found the "hanging basket" hose attachments pretty handy for rinsing the underside of a car. Gets the muck out from the nooks and crannies. When dry a squirt of your favoured xax protection is not a bad idea. 

+1

Pressure washers can remove paint and protective wax. Garden hose for cleaning my cars. Save the pressure washer for cleaning oil off the driveway!

Nigel

Thanks. I have been using that hose attachment. Maybe my mains pressure is on the low side, as it doesn't remove the visible salt that has dried (shows as white,against dark coloured car) on the outer body, so assume it's not effective on underside.

Maybe no answer to this one?

I try not to use in salt, though get caught out sometimes, as only car.

Cheers, Dave