Herald seat stripdown

Jeffds1360

57 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

It's illegal in the USA. Well, haggis is.

Genuine Scots Imported Haggis, was. But there are rumoured to be "Haggis Smugglers" who run them from Canada. (allegedly).

My Son, who lives in Texas, and is married to a Scot. Never seems to have an issue getting Haggis for Burns Night?. It is however, definitely an "aquired taste".  Neaps and Tatties is part of the comestible acompaniment.

Maybe returning Scot`s hide them under their Kilt?.🤣

Pete

17 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Nobody did answer the question as to if the top 1/3 of the foam is a separate (and by its disintegration) section :(

Don't know myself. 1/3? far more than was missing/disintegrated on mine. I added a piece at the top to protect/cover the top metal support/frame bar.

Check out the seat foam kits offered by the usual suppliers and see if you can tell from their photos? 

Thanks Chris,  all the pictures I have seen show a single piece of foam, curled over top of the back. Nothing like mine, with side pieces and only 2/3 the height of the back. ???

There is a cloth 'bag like' section at the top too. Nothing in it now so I assume it was full of a different spec. foam.

1 minute ago, Jeffds1360 said:

There is a cloth 'bag like' section at the top too. Nothing in it now so I assume it was full of a different spec. foam.

Bag? mine has/had a piece of fabric that I thought might just be to help pull the foam into place. The fabric is so rotten, ripped, coming off I can't be sure.

Mine also have side pieces, they are needed as the seat cover is shaped not flat.

Could it be you are getting a mix of photos of earlier Herald seats/foams and 13/60 ones?