Vitesse mk1 dash assembly

Paul Amey

33 minutes ago, PeteH said:

I alway`s liked that range of Nokia`s, they where pretty much "bomb proof". Mine got dropped from the cab to the deck several times, and survived being sat on, and thrown. (dont ask!)

Pete

I had a 6230i (I think) which a metal case rather than plastic, then killed it one night after a totally horrendous day at work, following a succession of telephone calls where the people I was calling for assistance wouldn't help at all. I bounced it off the wall from about ten feet away. It left a sizeable mark on the wall, too. I didn't have the anger management app installed.... :)

• Haha 1

Throwing?. After I retired early, I used my LGV during the summers as a Agency driver, it paid for the Diesel for the R-V and travel to Spain in a Winter. Busy day on multidrop (not my favourite) Last drop back to the yard, call from scheduler, Can you "just", go back (20 miles, 5 pm in commuter traffic), and pick up a collection. The firm had phoned it in as I was turning in their yard, by the time they phoned, and I get the message I was almost halfway to knocking off!!. Near shattered the passenger door window!!. Before Mobiles, I could have been back in the yard clocked off and on my way home!. As it was I got a very late tea.😡

Pete

On 08/02/2022 at 12:27, Paul H said:

Love the mobile phone when was that pic taken . Must be years ago 😱

Paul 

Not that many years ago, that looks like a Nokia 6310i, or possibly the predecessor.

The greatest mobile phone ever made. 10 days minimum standby, and gets a signal when all around it fails.

Lots still in use, I have a few spares just in case.

I don't have a problem with mobile phones. Just use that button the manufacturers have provided. It's marked OFF. Mind you, I am still using credit that I put in about 3 years ago. I was once asked about my annual usage. When I told them about £5 a year, they though that I meant £5 a week.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2022 at 11:42, Paul Amey said:

Hi Colin, I need the big bit, the vinyl covered molded hardboard assembly that the clocks and everything bolt on to. I made contact with Mick Dolphin last night and he is having a look today. Do you have one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334359504699?hash=item4dd961273b:g:VV0AAOSwGnRiKmKw

Two for sale in Liverpool with a lot of other Heraldy bits; they actually look quite good.

13 hours ago, Mike Costigan said:

No, they're not left-hand drive, just lying upside-down! The one with the timber panel is a 13/60, 't'other is a Vitesse Mk2.

I had to go check this morning! Photo to confirm... and in case anyone queries they are both the same size, it's just one of them there optical delusions... but if anyone else is interested there's some good stuff there for the money.

s-l1600-66.jpg.757d176a41cd93c528d7bedd2dd20421.jpg