Vitesse mk1 dash assembly

Paul Amey

Not the surround / backing, but may have an actual dashboard if you were stuck for one. 

Slight thread drift alert but for restoring the dash surrounds, anyone tried these guys for a new cover?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231156637838?fits=Car+Make%3ATriumph&hash=item35d202608e:g:ELkAAOxydlFSyme1

24 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

anyone tried these guys for a new cover?

Yes. Back in 2017 I bought some leather covers for the rear view mirrors on my 13/60 from a company called J F Boots Ltd. They were/are located in New Malden, Surrey ( literally just down the road from my last UK address).Quality is good as is fit. OK not as complex as a dash panel.

The address for J F Customs is the same as the one for JF Boots

Hello Paul

Is this what you are looking for? as you can see it is not in very good condtion but with suitable repairs I am sure it could be made good(ish)

I think this is a Mk2 but I am sure it could be made into Mk1 its the wooden bit that holds every thing.

Roger

ps I live about 5miles from M5 J4 towards Stourbridge

DSC03048.JPG

DSC03049.JPG

DSC03050.JPG

Hello Paul

I have just compared my mk1 to the mk2 and to me the top,bottom and side prifile all look the same even the demister vents are the same

The only difference is the ash tray hole and the gauges and controls were different but they all fix to the wooden dashboard!

It would need some thin plywood glued in to strenghten it 

I did the same to my Mk1 

Still it is up to you!

Roger

Hello Paul

Thats what I did in Spitty I drilled hole in the bottom and I run the Satnav cable through it and a lead to plug into my phone to play music (not very often)

With the Satnav it keeps the cable away from the gear lever and is tidy and can be tucked inside if not needed.

I fitted the USB power unit behind the dash just above the parcel shelf so we can power our phones if needed!

Roger

• Paul Amey changed the title to Vitesse mk1 dash assembly