Birds Nest

Paul H

Cable ties, and plenty of them, are a start. Work out what needs to go where with no strain on the cabling; start at one end and align the wiring into one long uniform line, tying every few inches as you go. Long single cables for accessories which have been added later can be tied to the outside of the loom, looped if required to take up any slack. If you really want to go for a 'covered over' look, wrap it in that split plastic tubing - the split conduit hose stuff, that will cover a multitude of sins and just leave one protective outer tube visible. I've used it on headlamp and overdrive wiring and it's good stuff.

• Thanks 1

As a start, get a bag of velcro style cable ties off fleabay and tidy up the wiring as you find extra bits. I have found that when you start to tidy up you always find rogue wires after you have tie wraped them. Once everything is neat, then tie wrap. Of course you can always leave the velcro wraps in place, ready for the next spare wire that comes drifting by. The non branded ones and fairly cheap if you look around.

This is the type..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234307373027?hash=item368dcec7e3:g:~vEAAOSwN19hoiOj

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a cooking ingredient. "We don't use oil, we cook all our products in verdi-grease..."

I've to rewire my Vitesse bonnet later today, all the cabling will be sorted, nicely aligned, then tied with cable ties every few inches, with Pete's Kopex covering the areas that feed through the bodywork.

Sadly this is the second time, the floor is still littered with cut cable ties from where the bonnet had to come off again following the first fitting...