13/60 randomly turning off or kicking back, high temps

Quack

You seem to have a rubber sliver in that filter. Hopefully no others anywhere...

Is that flowing downward? I can't see where that is from the photo but there aren't many places where the fuel flow is down. If the flow is not downward at that point then your filter is fitted backwards. However, if the flow is downward there, then it probably explains the full filter as air bubbles would rise back up the inlet hose.

the dreaded rubber slivers  breed like rabbits 

caused by inserting pipework into the fuel hose and it slices of a little sliver of hose , they float about 

and often end up jamming up the back of the float needle valve 

thought we had erradicated them but   Nah they are out to win 

also thought to be more available with chinesse fuel hose , 

the good stuff doesnt seem to cut so easily 

need to flush then through 

pete

Nothing wrong with being full and they seem to vary from time to time but the paper element looks very baggy, suppose its alright...

I thought there were two parts to this problem from the beginning? One the fuel wasnt getting through very well  and that has now been completely corrected, hasnt it? The other part was the engine not running properly which appears to still be present so you need to continue working through the list of suggestions☹️

Yeah the problem must be completely unrelated as the fuel flow is fine with the pump. It really must be something buggered inside the engine that I don’t have the knowledge or tools to access :(

@Dick Twitchen The filter is brand new and is fitted in the direction of the arrow.

The engine runs so for the moment concentrate on fuel feed. You know the new pump works now take the hose off at the carb and flush through. After that does it tick over for say 5 minutes OK? If it doesn't as Pete says it's the dreaded slivers and you need to clean the carb and especially the float valve. 

Don't give up, it took me 3 years to get my engine running ok! 

Iain 

Roadside recover came out, needed me to try back it up so he told me to put it in reverse and try bump it on the starter motor, worked once now the car won’t even turn over…has he just broken my starter motor 😭

Solenoid is new as well as it fried a couple months back, starter Motor is relatively new, was fitted by a previous owner but definitely is newish.

anyway regardless of the starter motor the same issue still persists, I caved in and sent it off to the garage for someone to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update. Finally heard back from the mechanic.

They set the car on fire. Yep. Not kidding. They said they were trying to start it and the wiring loom caught on fire and melted some of the bulkhead, now i have to get an electrician to redo all of the wiring costing £450. They said they are willing to split the cost of that with me...honestly don't know what to think or do. I bet this is a new problem as well and it wont even fix the original issue...

• Sad 2

Depending on exactly what you told them to do, I would tell them to claim on their liability insurance and sting them for the full cost of rectifying the damage. If you put a car in with an electrical fault and they burn out the loom that is their fault not yours and they are liable for the damage.

I'm with Pete and BW on this - they were told it had an electrical issue, so failing to take precautions against causing an electrical fire is clearly negligence, and they should install a new loom at their own cost (claiming on their insurance if they wish to but that doesn't affect you).

...and, any damage to any other components, paintwork etc needs consideration. This could end up to be very expensive. I am not even sure if you shouldn't notify your own insurance company as a safeguard. Somewhere in my memory I remember that I was once told to tell them of any problems just in case it went pear sharped and you had to get legal involvement from them.  Probably overkill but just a thought.