Car covers.

aggie

Hello and good morning to you all.  Has anyone out there purchased an indoor car cover from Hamiltons as shown in the Club Shop catalogue ?  If so, what are they like as in, does it fit snugly, is it really good quality,etc.  I bought one from Ritchwood for my TR but it wasn't a particularly good fit and is quite thin.  Fortunately it was a good fit for the MX5 so I kept it. Let me know please.

26 minutes ago, Wagger said:

Old blankets are way cheaper for indoor use and fit any car. Outdoor ones made specially for a specific model would be a better option surely. What prevents them from being used indoors?

+1

My best experince of outdoor covers was for a caravan. Using a breathable one stopped mould forming during Winter storage when I could not keep it at home. Maybe use a similar one on a car. They do not scratch the paintwork if they are a snug fit. You do not want them flapping in the wind.

Over here I use a Taiwanese made external cover sold by an outfit called Autotechnica the medium size is perfect for the Dolly Sprint.

The cover is embossed nylon/plastic with a fleece lining there’s two ties from each side that go under the car to keep it on the car there’s two air vents just under the drip rail each side. Cost around $150 and with our sunny conditions they last about 18 months there guaranteed 1 year.

There’ve never got wet underneath the cover fleece always dry and no condensation in the car.

7 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

most outside  covers seem to cause more prolems than they solve 

ventilation is the key must have 

an inside  dust cover is just that ,  but must breathe 

and any wet cover is a nightmare to dry out 

Pete

It does seem to be hit and miss. Mine was fine, but I only used it for 3 months.