Tssc scam phone calls

Triumph948

Dear All,

we have been made aware that some members who have placed classified ad’s in the Courier magazine have received phone calls from a mobile number offering discounted advert’s in the magazine and asking for bank details.

Tssc hq will NEVER call anyone from a mobile it will always be the club phone number  01858 434424 

Please  be extra vigilant as these are scam phone calls 

Thanks 

Chris 

Tssc chairman 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2023 at 13:32, dougbgt6 said:

I read Royal mail are delaying snail mail in favour of the more lucrative Christmas parcel market.

I think the correct term is prioritising... Parcels are where they make their money - the universal letter service offering is what's crippling their business. In my view, it's about time we recognised the greatly reduced number of letters in the system and switched to 3 letter deliveries per week. Probably the only way to keep postage stamp costs from escalating further.

Gully

3 minutes ago, Gully said:

Probably the only way to keep postage stamp costs from escalating further.

1st Class = £1.25p / 2nd Class = 75p

Postage stamps now have Barcodes, you can send old ones back and get replacements. You have to mark the envelope "Freepost SWAP OUT". You might as well write Free Postage Stamps Inside. :o However I sent back 12 2nd and 4 1st  and got replacements.

Doug

• Like 1

This is a dilemma. We either use Royal Mail or lose it I fear. Just posted cards to those without email, and will send attachments for those that have it, Seems a good compromise.

Sent some parcels but have had others delivered direct from vendors.

In the 1950's and 60's, we lived down a long lane. Our postman took our letters when he delivered mail.

Everything was delivered and all had a swig of sherry pre Xmas week. Butcher, Baker and grocer all left with red noses.

What we called "Xmas Boxing", went on back in the 50`s to all kinds of tradesmen/women. But then, the postie was always the same one, the Coop delivery boy was the same for years on end etc; etc; even us 12 to 15yr old paper boys would get a few pence extra on the pre Xmas week delivery`s. Could actually add up to a pound or two if you had a big round. Of course we never got offered alcohol.☹️ The increasing cost of mail is of course self defeating, in that the more it goes up in price the less folk will use it. Only this year, the number of cards going out has been slashed. Like Wagger, those with e-mail get E-Cards or just attachments. the ones for Australia went a week or two back, over £3 now. If it wont go though the "slot" it doubles. It costs us £2-20 minimum to Texas. 2 years ago from Texas I was charged 81cents.

Pete

When the Victorians invented Christmas Cards, the same card went back and forth between recipient and sender year after year. We have been persuaded by the unscrupulous to dispose of the card and buy another next year, a dreadful waste of money and trees. I stopped this nonsense long ago. :angry:

I send you all my seasonal greeting

BAH! HUMBUG! 

Doug

• Like 1