Stoneleigh Spares day - February the 11th

Gary Flinn

Would love to, but can't justify the expense. Same with the show in June, at present dithering over whether it's worth going to as it will cost me far more to attend than any money I'll spend there.

Hope you find a good Vitesse, though! Am keeping an eye out for one, will post if anything turns up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Would love to, but can't justify the expense. Same with the show in June, at present dithering over whether it's worth going to as it will cost me far more to attend than any money I'll spend there.

Hope you find a good Vitesse, though! Am keeping an eye out for one, will post if anything turns up.

Colin

I'm going in the hope a decent Vitesse Convertible might be for sale, or I may get to hear of one that soon will be?

The last few times I've been there are normally a dozen or so cars of all types with for sale signs near the Main Entrance. 

It's also good to catch up with fellow Triumph Enthusiast too, although N.O.S. parts are getting thinner and thinner on the ground every year.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards

Gary

• Thanks 1

If you try to buy online 2 tickets you only save 3 as they hit you for online booking fee of 3£.   

Might as well buy on the day if undecided wether you are going.   

Grrrrrrr to online booking fees. Total rip off.

18 minutes ago, Richeee said:

online booking fee o

Something I aree with, Advance booking for virtually ANY event has booking fee`s now often on EACH ticket. Makes you wonder as to if that is their "profit margin". 2 tickets in the post would be the thick end of a pound even now. "Ticketmaster" and similar are a menace IMHO.

Wife and I used to go to the Theatre in Hull. In the past you could ring up book and pay for your seats and collect at the box office FREE. now it is farmed out and, yes, a 3quid booking fee regardless.

Pete

Upcoming legislation is looking to remove compulsory “extras” from online sales.

In case of Stoneleigh, best bet is to get a stall holder to get you early entry tickets, cheaper, and you get in before it opens (you can’t get in once it is open!)

14 hours ago, thescrapman said:

In case of Stoneleigh, best bet is to get a stall holder to get you early entry tickets, cheaper, and you get in before it opens (you can’t get in once it is open!)

GRRR!! I remember standing in the queue at Stoneleigh - first in line one year, second in line the next!! - and watching the early entrants walking out even before the show opened with armfuls of goodies that I would have loved to buy, or have had the chance to. 

I don't have an issue with sensible booking fees which are reflective of the various charges levied by the providers involved. It's the blanket £5 - £10 per ticket which I object to as that's blatant profiteering. For instance, a club I'm involved with now has online ticketing for everything (we used to be cheques and paper forms via the post, which then had to be banked etc - we had to change as nobody has cheques any more). There are two charges for every online transaction - one from Ticket Tailor, who provide the front end event sales gateway, then a second fee from Stripe, who handle the financial transaction. These total around 3.5% per ticket, which we pass on in full to those booking, but they are actual costs. If booking fees have a blanket ban, we'd simply include that c. 3.5%in the ticket price.

Gully 

I supposedly get a deal on ferry tickets through an organisation over here and they give a 12.5% discount if you apply through them as a member. On a single fare that can equate to £20 or so off, but they charge £15 admin fee.

It's actually cheaper to book through a travel agent, or even Tescos voucher scheme. 

When we where going to Europe, in the late 90`s 00`s, we went most winters to Spain or Portugal, The cheapest booking route was via the Caravan or Camping club (motorhome and car) just a phone call and option(s) to pay. All change now, I understand?. There is even a "Go Compare" style website that will get you the cheapest deal, so I am informed?. Even stuff like Motorway Tolls (France), Bridge Tolls, (Humber and Dart Crossing, have to be paid on line, by card (no cash) or you set up an "account" which is auto-debited. And prone to errors!! People have been reporting having been fined (Charged) the hassle of having to "prove" complience takes weeks, even months, whilst the Perpetrators sit on YOUR money earning interest.

By far the best piece of Legislation that could be enacted. would be COMPULSORY, interest and costs added to any proven claim.

Pete

Thank you for the Coffee at the spares day stand today.   Appreciated.

And the biscuit. 

Over 2 hours travel each way but very good day and although i did not personally pick up alot apart from cutting discs and a 1m steel rule was inspired to carry on with my restoration.

So for those working behind the scenes , thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lisa makes a very good cup of coffee. The stand seemed to be busy and doing a lot of business all day so here's hoping the club gained a decent financial boost. One of the things I was after was some smooth black Hammerite. Saw it on a number of stands all at different prices so I went to the cheapest and made my purchase only to spot the same thing £5 cheaper, two minutes later on a non-paint stand... Doh!

I enjoyed the day although we had to Queue for 20 minutes or so on the main road from Stoneleigh to get onto site.

I didn't see any Vitesse's for sale, although the modified Blue Spitfire in the Main Entrance Hall was fabulous.

I also saw three cars parked in the corner of the White Marquee stall which may have been for sale, but no Vitesse's   

Did anyone see any other cars listed for sale anywhere else?

Gary