Wiper Switch ?

Paul H

Definitely mk2 dash and it looks like a combined manual pump and wiper switch going by the knob and the connections to it (plastic pipe and spade connectors). Not sure if that was original on the mk 2 vitesse?

4 minutes ago, johny said:

Definitely mk2 dash and it looks like a combined manual pump and wiper switch going by the knob and the connections to it (plastic pipe and spade connectors). Not sure if that was original on the mk 2 vitesse?

The wiper switch has no manual pump. Just 4 spade connectors . The plastic pipe in the original pic is for the vacuum gauge . Here’s a better pic 

IMG_0655.thumb.jpeg.19025a315501d1731f03f9f72da3c21e.jpeg

Paul 

I did the Same conversion on my Mk2 Vitesse eons ago removing the rubber bag and using a push contact switch, only issue is the return spring isn't strong enough to break the contact and return knob to normal off/out position I have to pull it off, maybe time to revisit & see if I can find a stronger spring return switch.

I think a similar switch was used by several makes I found one from a Chrysler Centura made locally here for a short time it has a 3 position switch, off, slow, and fast, with push pump electrical connections switch mounted on the rear, it had a cheap plastic push rod which attached to the removable same knob, didn't give a positive feel when turning the speed switch, cheapy.

15 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

I did the Same conversion on my Mk2 Vitesse eons ago removing the rubber bag and using a push contact switch, only issue is the return spring isn't strong enough to break the contact and return knob to normal off/out position I have to pull it off, maybe time to revisit & see if I can find a stronger spring return switch.

I wondered why they seemed to have used one of the chunky Lucas SPB106 style push buttons like I use as a push starter button on my Spit. as they require quite a firm push - but if you actually need a strong spring that's probably why.